Can I have two ISP's operating? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can I have two ISP's operating? - Mozilla ; DoctorBill wrote: > Gerald Ross wrote: >> DoctorBill wrote: >>> Snagglepuss wrote: >>>> DoctorBill wrote: >>>>> DoctorBill wrote: >>>>>> Michael Gordon wrote: >>>>>>> On 12/28/2006 7:55 PM DoctorBill created this reply >>>>>>>> Tony Mechelynck wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> DoctorBill wrote: >>>>>>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Gerald Ross wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I
    >>> said.
    >>>
    >>> Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    >>> profiles subdirectory?
    >>>
    >>> I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long
    >>> time ago...
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings
    >> for this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to
    >> the one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's
    >> available. This means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp
    >> settings in preferences.
    >>

    > "But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This means is has
    > to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences." Where is
    > this in Preferences?....I looked and didn't see it anywhere (?) Blind...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    I'm confused. Are you saying you want to change it in the prefs.js
    file? You don't change it there. Or are you looking under Edit,
    Preferences? Its not there either.

    From the mail program, click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account
    Settings, then follow the instructions I gave you previously.

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
    http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  2. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Gerald Ross wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I
    >>> said.
    >>>
    >>> Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    >>> profiles subdirectory?
    >>>
    >>> I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long
    >>> time ago...
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings
    >> for this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to
    >> the one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's
    >> available. This means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp
    >> settings in preferences.
    >>

    > "But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This means is has
    > to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences." Where is
    > this in Preferences?....I looked and didn't see it anywhere (?) Blind...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    I finally realized why what you folks were telling me to do did not make
    sense at the time!

    When I click on mail and newsgroups to look at the details, the window
    for the various things has a scrollbar.

    I had to scroll down to find this SMTP Settings. It was not visible w/o
    having to scroll. Didn't know it was there!

    When Mr. Mullen said "Scroll to the bottom" I finally saw the light!

    I thought you folks were saying that I had to enter that into the
    "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" slot when you
    click on a mail group. *That* window or slot will not accept input....

    Now that I know about *the very bottom of the window* I am good to go.

    Thanks.

    DoctorBill

  3. Re: Can I have two ISP's operating?

    DoctorBill wrote:
    > Gerald Ross wrote:
    >> DoctorBill wrote:

    >>> It won't let one *set* anything - it is just one of two choices as I
    >>> said.
    >>>
    >>> Isn't this something that I can edit into one of the files in the
    >>> profiles subdirectory?
    >>>
    >>> I seem to remember seeing that in one of those files....(?) a long
    >>> time ago...
    >>>
    >>> DoctorBill

    >> Click on the account, such as "news.mozilla.org", click on settings
    >> for this account. near the bottom is the smtp setting, change this to
    >> the one you want. But first you have to have both the smtp's
    >> available. This means is has to be added under the outgoing smtp
    >> settings in preferences.
    >>

    > "But first you have to have both the smtp's available. This means is has
    > to be added under the outgoing smtp settings in preferences." Where is
    > this in Preferences?....I looked and didn't see it anywhere (?) Blind...?
    >
    > DoctorBill

    Edit Menu > Mail & newsgroup settings > Scroll to very bottom of window
    that opens and choose Outgoing SMTP Server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2