Web page problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Web page problems - Mozilla ; This page: http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/ does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It does work ok in M$ IE. Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display properly as little gray squares in IE. Try clicking on either ...

  1. Web page problems

    This page:

    http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/

    does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    does work ok in M$ IE.

    Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    properly as little gray squares in IE.

    Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.

    You will get a link to the following message:

    "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    From Server: ENCTCISP106

    DSF Template Configuration Master"

    These pull down menus work properly in IE.

    The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    "A nickle isn't worth a dime today." -Yogi Berra (1925- )

  2. Re: Web page problems

    On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    > This page:
    >
    > http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >
    > does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    > does work ok in M$ IE.
    >
    > Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    > properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >
    > Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    > numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >
    > You will get a link to the following message:
    >
    > "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    > have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    > From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >
    > DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >
    > These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >
    > The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    > 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.

    In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    It has 890 errors.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    "It gets late early out there." -Yogi Berra (1925- )

  3. Re: Web page problems

    On 12/5/2006 3:33 PM, W3BNR wrote:
    > On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    >> This page:
    >>
    >> http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >>
    >> does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    >> does work ok in M$ IE.
    >>
    >> Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    >> properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >>
    >> Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    >> numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >>
    >> You will get a link to the following message:
    >>
    >> "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    >> have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    >> From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >>
    >> DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >>
    >> These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >>
    >> The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    >> 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.
    >>

    > In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    > It has 890 errors.

    Sounds like you've answered your own question! Just because it works in
    IE is no testimonial to how the page's code is written (badly, as you
    pointed out).

    There must be some office higher than the one you've emailed so far
    about this; why not elevate your concerns?

  4. Re: Web page problems

    W3BNR wrote:
    > On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    >> This page:
    >>
    >> http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >>
    >> does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    >> does work ok in M$ IE.
    >>
    >> Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    >> properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >>
    >> Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    >> numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >>
    >> You will get a link to the following message:
    >>
    >> "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    >> have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    >> From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >>
    >> DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >>
    >> These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >>
    >> The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    >> 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.
    >>

    > In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    > It has 890 errors.

    If you have written to the webmaster of the site and haven't gotten a
    response, then what do you want us to do about it?

    --
    "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit . . . Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss

    Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

  5. Re: Web page problems

    On or about 12/5/2006 11:34 AM, Heavens to Murgatroid penned the following:
    > W3BNR wrote:
    >> On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    >>> This page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >>>
    >>> does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    >>> does work ok in M$ IE.
    >>>
    >>> Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    >>> properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >>>
    >>> Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    >>> numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >>>
    >>> You will get a link to the following message:
    >>>
    >>> "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    >>> have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    >>> From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >>>
    >>> DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >>>
    >>> These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >>>
    >>> The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    >>> 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.
    >>>

    >> In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    >> It has 890 errors.
    >>

    > If you have written to the webmaster of the site and haven't gotten a
    > response, then what do you want us to do about it?

    Well, I was sort of hoping someone would say:
    "You dummy - you forgot to set option 'xyz'" and the page would then work.

    Anyway - the complaint now rests with Governor Ed Rendell.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    Always trust a fat man. He'll never stoop to anything low.

  6. Re: Web page problems

    W3BNR wrote, on 12/5/2006 9:33 AM:
    > On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    >> This page:
    >>
    >> http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >>
    >> does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    >> does work ok in M$ IE.
    >>
    >> Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    >> properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >>
    >> Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    >> numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >>
    >> You will get a link to the following message:
    >>
    >> "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    >> have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    >> From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >>
    >> DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >>
    >> These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >>
    >> The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    >> 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.
    >>

    > In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    > It has 890 errors.

    OK *that* ought to tell you something right there!

    Seriously though, that site is using MS's Active Server Pages - and ASP
    is notorious for using IE-only stuff that breaks badly in other browsers.

    View the site in IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/) so
    that things at least work as you expect.

  7. Re: Web page problems

    On or about 12/5/2006 12:27 PM, Ken Wagner penned the following:
    > W3BNR wrote, on 12/5/2006 9:33 AM:
    >> On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:
    >>> This page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/
    >>>
    >>> does not work properly in SeaMonkey 1.0.6 and previous versions. It
    >>> does work ok in M$ IE.
    >>>
    >>> Note the 'squares' in-between the winning numbers. These display
    >>> properly as little gray squares in IE.
    >>>
    >>> Try clicking on either of the two pull down menus for 'Past winning
    >>> numbers'. They are located after the the winning numbers column.
    >>>
    >>> You will get a link to the following message:
    >>>
    >>> "Our site was recently updated and we cannot locate the URL that you
    >>> have requested. Your bookmarks and favorites may not be correct.
    >>> From Server: ENCTCISP106
    >>>
    >>> DSF Template Configuration Master"
    >>>
    >>> These pull down menus work properly in IE.
    >>>
    >>> The webmaster for the Pennsylvania Lottery page has been e-mailed about
    >>> 3 times over the past few years with no response from him/her.
    >>>

    >> In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    >> It has 890 errors.
    >>

    > OK *that* ought to tell you something right there!
    >
    > Seriously though, that site is using MS's Active Server Pages - and ASP
    > is notorious for using IE-only stuff that breaks badly in other browsers.
    >
    > View the site in IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/) so
    > that things at least work as you expect.

    Ken, thank you very much for the information. It works fine.
    And you didn't even call me a dummy. :-)

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    "I don't know how I got over the hill without
    getting to the top." -Will Rogers (1879-1935)

  8. Re: Web page problems

    W3BNR wrote:
    > On or about 12/5/2006 12:27 PM, Ken Wagner penned the following:
    >> W3BNR wrote, on 12/5/2006 9:33 AM:
    >>> On or about 12/5/2006 10:06 AM, W3BNR penned the following:

    >>> In addition the page is iso-889-1 and does NOT pass W3C Validation.
    >>> It has 890 errors.
    >>>

    >> OK *that* ought to tell you something right there!
    >>
    >> Seriously though, that site is using MS's Active Server Pages - and ASP
    >> is notorious for using IE-only stuff that breaks badly in other browsers.
    >>
    >> View the site in IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/) so
    >> that things at least work as you expect.

    > Ken, thank you very much for the information. It works fine.
    > And you didn't even call me a dummy. :-)

    Should he have done so?

  9. Re: Web page problems

    On or about 12/5/2006 2:21 PM, A Williams penned the following:

    < S N I P >

    >>> OK *that* ought to tell you something right there!
    >>>
    >>> Seriously though, that site is using MS's Active Server Pages - and ASP
    >>> is notorious for using IE-only stuff that breaks badly in other browsers.
    >>>
    >>> View the site in IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/) so
    >>> that things at least work as you expect.

    >> Ken, thank you very much for the information. It works fine.
    >> And you didn't even call me a dummy. :-)
    >>

    > Should he have done so?

    Yes, probably. :-[

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    A contented person is one who has all the things his neighbor has.

  10. Re: Web page problems

    On 05.12.2006 10:56, W3BNR wrote:

    > Well, I was sort of hoping someone would say:
    > "You dummy - you forgot to set option 'xyz'" and the page would then work.
    >
    > Anyway - the complaint now rests with Governor Ed Rendell.

    At any rate you can use Mozilla Firefox along with the IEView extension
    which gives you the choice of IE or FF display mode.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

+ Reply to Thread