Re: OT Win SM - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: OT Win SM - Mozilla ; On 2006-09-18 10:08, (GMT-0700) Ray Davison apparently typed: > Should I be able to just unzip the Win SM download zip file and run the > exe? This is all I do under OS/2 and I would prefer not to ...

  1. Re: OT Win SM

    On 2006-09-18 10:08, (GMT-0700) Ray Davison apparently typed:

    > Should I be able to just unzip the Win SM download zip file and run the
    > exe? This is all I do under OS/2 and I would prefer not to "install"
    > it. I run multiple versions and like to be able to cleanly remove one
    > by just deleting the directory.

    > When I do this the browser seems to work for a while, and then gets a
    > GKLAYOUT.DLL crash.

    > This is on fresh installs of W98SE and W2K pro, AMD 64 3K, only browser
    > is running. SM 1.05

    It works for me, but I never use the installer versions on a doze system
    that I want to run more than one version of SM on. You might want to
    visit irc://moznet/seamonkey and ask if this happens elsewhere.
    --
    "Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you
    have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you;

    Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

  2. Re: OT Win SM

    Felix Miata wrote:

    > It works for me, but I never use the installer versions on a doze system
    > that I want to run more than one version of SM on. You might want to
    > visit irc://moznet/seamonkey and ask if this happens elsewhere.

    IRC is not something I have ever gotten familiar with. I posted here:
    mozilla.support.mozilla-suite and got no response.

    Since then, in addition to GKLAYOUT.DLL, W98SE has crashed GDI.EXE and
    LS3250.DLL. W2K doesn't even try to run it.

    Ray

+ Reply to Thread