Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead) - Mozilla ; I installed Noscript 1.1.4.1 before I realized that it wasn't designed to work properly with Seamonkey. It managed to work with SM 1.0.1, but now it's slapping my primary SM profile upside the head since my upgrade to SM 1.0.5. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

  1. Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    I installed Noscript 1.1.4.1 before I realized that it wasn't designed
    to work properly with Seamonkey. It managed to work with SM 1.0.1, but
    now it's slapping my primary SM profile upside the head since my upgrade
    to SM 1.0.5.

    Every time I try to use a bookmark, nothing happens; if I click the
    bookmark from the bookmarks toolbar, nothing happens; if I open the
    bookmarks manager and click, nothing happens; if I right-click a
    bookmark in the bookmarks manager and select "Open," nothing happens.

    Nothing happens, except that, in the javascript console, these messages
    appear:

    Error: this.ns has no properties
    Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptOverlay.js, Line 724
    Error: ns has no properties
    Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31
    Error: ns has no properties
    Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31
    Error: ns has no properties
    Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31

    Every time I click on a bookmark, I get another error from noscriptBM.js
    line 31. I want to get bookmarks working in SM again without destroying
    my profile.

    Unfortunately, I know only a little more JS than is necessary to write
    "Hello, world." Please help me get bookmarks working again.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  2. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/15/2006 10:47 PM, Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > [...]
    > Every time I try to use a bookmark, nothing happens; [...]
    > Error: ns has no properties
    > Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31 [...]

    This seems to be the code that causes my troubles (in noscriptBM.js):

    > 28 function _noScript_handleBookmark(url, openCallback) {
    > 29 if(!url) return true;
    > 30 const ns = noscriptUtil.service;
    > 31 const allowBookmarklets = !ns.getPref("forbidBookmarklets", false);
    > 32 const allowBookmarks = ns.getPref("allowBookmarks", false);

    Evidently, noscriptUtil.service is undefined. What is the correct code
    to put here for SM 1.0.5?

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  3. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    go discuss it on the noscript forum: http://www.noscript.net/forum

    --
    Pic of the Day: http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fastdoglp2.jpg

  4. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/16/2006 12:13 AM, Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/15/2006 10:47 PM, Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Every time I try to use a bookmark, nothing happens; [...]
    >> Error: ns has no properties
    >> Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31 [...]

    > [...]

    This issue is sort of resolved. I made the mistake of installing
    Noscript in my Seamonkey profile folder; however, Noscript does not
    support installation to the profile folder in Seamonkey.

    Using Mnenhy, I disabled Noscript, but now I want to remove it from my
    profile so that I can reinstall it in the program folder. Unfortunately,
    Mnenhy can't remove Noscript.

    How do I remove Noscript from my profile?

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  5. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/16/2006 12:13 AM, Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >> On 09/15/2006 10:47 PM, Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> Every time I try to use a bookmark, nothing happens; [...]
    >>> Error: ns has no properties
    >>> Source File: chrome://noscript/content/noscriptBM.js, Line 31 [...]

    >> [...]

    > This issue is sort of resolved. I made the mistake of installing
    > Noscript in my Seamonkey profile folder; however, Noscript does not
    > support installation to the profile folder in Seamonkey.
    >
    > Using Mnenhy, I disabled Noscript, but now I want to remove it from my
    > profile so that I can reinstall it in the program folder. Unfortunately,
    > Mnenhy can't remove Noscript.
    >
    > How do I remove Noscript from my profile?

    you really didn't explain why the extension uninstaller and the
    extension manager didn't work.

    --
    It comes to the end of Bill Gates long, successful life, he finds
    himself in the Purgatory waiting room, when God enters . . . "Well,
    Bill," says God, "I'm confused. I'm not sure whether to send you to
    Heaven or Hell: you helped society enormously by putting a computer in
    almost every home in the world, and yet you've also created some of
    the most unearthly frustrations known to mankind. I'm going to do
    something I've never done before: I'm going to let you choose where
    you want to go." Bill replies, "Well, thanks, God. What's the
    difference between the two?" God says, "I'm willing to let you visit
    both places briefly to help you make your decision." "Okay, where
    should I go first?" asks Bill. God says, "That's up to you." Bill
    says, "OK, let's try Hell first." So Bill goes to Hell. It's a
    beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There are thousands
    of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and
    frolicking about. The sun is shining, the temperature is just right.
    The whole thing looks perfect, and Bill is very pleased. "This is
    great!" he tells God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!"
    "Fine," says God, and off they go . . . to be continued!

  6. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/16/2006 05:17 PM, gwtc wrote:
    > Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> How do I remove Noscript from my profile?
    >>

    > you really didn't explain why the extension uninstaller and the
    > extension manager didn't work.

    I never really figured out why they didn't work. I've repeatedly tried
    to uninstall Noscript using the Extension Manager, and Noscript is
    always still there after I restart SM.

    I think I read somewhere that the Extension Manager was written for
    older versions of SM (Mozilla) and was never updated by the author.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  7. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/16/2006 05:17 PM, gwtc wrote:
    >> Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> How do I remove Noscript from my profile?
    >>>

    >> you really didn't explain why the extension uninstaller and the
    >> extension manager didn't work.
    >>

    > I never really figured out why they didn't work. I've repeatedly tried
    > to uninstall Noscript using the Extension Manager, and Noscript is
    > always still there after I restart SM.
    >
    > I think I read somewhere that the Extension Manager was written for
    > older versions of SM (Mozilla) and was never updated by the author.

    I'm using it with SM 1.0.4 and it works just fine

    --
[...]

  8. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 16.09.2006 20:19 gwtc spoke thusly:

    > Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> you really didn't explain why the extension uninstaller and the
    >>> extension manager didn't work.
    >>>

    >> I never really figured out why they didn't work. I've repeatedly tried
    >> to uninstall Noscript using the Extension Manager, and Noscript is
    >> always still there after I restart SM.
    >>
    >> I think I read somewhere that the Extension Manager was written for
    >> older versions of SM (Mozilla) and was never updated by the author.
    >>

    > I'm using it with SM 1.0.4 and it works just fine

    My brother is having exactly the same problem with SM 1.05 and Noscript.
    He cannot determine a means to remove it, and none of his bookmarks
    "work". He was not able to glean anything that helped him from the
    Noscript forum site.

  9. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/18/2006 12:32 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
    > My brother is having exactly the same problem with SM 1.05 and Noscript.
    > He cannot determine a means to remove it, and none of his bookmarks
    > "work". He was not able to glean anything that helped him from the
    > Noscript forum site.

    Philip Chee gave me some fantastic advice: Install Mnenhy and use Mnenhy
    to uninstall or disable Noscript. Although I wasn't able to get Mnenhy
    to remove Noscript from my profile, I did get Mnenhy to disable
    Noscript, and now my bookmarks work. Yay!

    For Seamonkey, Noscript must not be installed into the profile; it has
    to go into the application folder.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  10. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/18/2006 12:32 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
    >> My brother is having exactly the same problem with SM 1.05 and Noscript.
    >> He cannot determine a means to remove it, and none of his bookmarks
    >> "work". He was not able to glean anything that helped him from the
    >> Noscript forum site.

    > Philip Chee gave me some fantastic advice: Install Mnenhy and use Mnenhy
    > to uninstall or disable Noscript. Although I wasn't able to get Mnenhy
    > to remove Noscript from my profile, I did get Mnenhy to disable
    > Noscript, and now my bookmarks work. Yay!
    >
    > For Seamonkey, Noscript must not be installed into the profile; it has
    > to go into the application folder.

    I installed Seamonkey in Fedora Core 5 last night, then installed the
    NoScript extension. I only downloaded the first 200 headers in this
    newsgroup so I missed some of what went on before in this subject. :-(

    Anyway, apparently I need to install Mnenhy to knock NoScript. Could
    someone please post a link here for Mnenhy for me? Thank you.

  11. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >> On 09/18/2006 12:32 PM, Chris Garriss wrote:
    >>> My brother is having exactly the same problem with SM 1.05 and Noscript.
    >>> He cannot determine a means to remove it, and none of his bookmarks
    >>> "work". He was not able to glean anything that helped him from the
    >>> Noscript forum site.

    >> Philip Chee gave me some fantastic advice: Install Mnenhy and use
    >> Mnenhy to uninstall or disable Noscript. Although I wasn't able to get
    >> Mnenhy to remove Noscript from my profile, I did get Mnenhy to disable
    >> Noscript, and now my bookmarks work. Yay!
    >>
    >> For Seamonkey, Noscript must not be installed into the profile; it has
    >> to go into the application folder.
    >>

    > I installed Seamonkey in Fedora Core 5 last night, then installed the
    > NoScript extension. I only downloaded the first 200 headers in this
    > newsgroup so I missed some of what went on before in this subject. :-(
    >
    > Anyway, apparently I need to install Mnenhy to knock NoScript. Could
    > someone please post a link here for Mnenhy for me? Thank you.

    Never mind. Found it. Here is the link to Mnenhy for Seamonkey if
    someone else needes it. https://addons.mozilla.org/mozilla/2516/

  12. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Philip Chee gave me some fantastic advice: Install Mnenhy and use
    >>> Mnenhy to uninstall or disable Noscript. Although I wasn't able to
    >>> get Mnenhy to remove Noscript from my profile, I did get Mnenhy to
    >>> disable Noscript, and now my bookmarks work. Yay!
    >>>
    >>> For Seamonkey, Noscript must not be installed into the profile; it
    >>> has to go into the application folder.
    >>>

    >> I installed Seamonkey in Fedora Core 5 last night, then installed the
    >> NoScript extension. I only downloaded the first 200 headers in this
    >> newsgroup so I missed some of what went on before in this subject. :-(
    >>
    >> Anyway, apparently I need to install Mnenhy to knock NoScript. Could
    >> someone please post a link here for Mnenhy for me? Thank you.

    > Never mind. Found it. Here is the link to Mnenhy for Seamonkey if
    > someone else needes it. https://addons.mozilla.org/mozilla/2516/

    *sigh* I've never used Mnenhy before and I can't find it in Seamonkey.
    Yes, I closed the browser and reopened it to install it.

  13. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/21/2006 09:25 AM, Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I installed Seamonkey in Fedora Core 5 last night, then installed the
    > NoScript extension. I only downloaded the first 200 headers in this
    > newsgroup so I missed some of what went on before in this subject. :-(
    >
    > Anyway, apparently I need to install Mnenhy to knock NoScript. Could
    > someone please post a link here for Mnenhy for me? Thank you.

    Mnenhy is here:
    http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    Some people have had success using another couple of extensions, the
    Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API, to uninstall
    extensions from Seamonkey.

    Seamonkey doesn't have it's own extension uninstaller, so you have to
    install an extension to uninstall extensions.

    Good luck.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  14. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> Never mind. Found it. Here is the link to Mnenhy for Seamonkey if
    >>> someone else needes it. https://addons.mozilla.org/mozilla/2516/

    >> *sigh* I've never used Mnenhy before and I can't find it in Seamonkey.
    >> Yes, I closed the browser and reopened it to install it.

    > I seem to be carrying on a conversation with myself in here. I did find
    > Mnenhy in Preferences but I don't find where to disable an extension in
    > there. Please help. Thank you.

    Hi Tonya,

    Tools>>Chrome Manager

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  15. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> *sigh* I've never used Mnenhy before and I can't find it in
    >>> Seamonkey. Yes, I closed the browser and reopened it to install it.

    >> I seem to be carrying on a conversation with myself in here. I did
    >> find Mnenhy in Preferences but I don't find where to disable an
    >> extension in there. Please help. Thank you.

    > Hi Tonya,
    >
    > Tools>>Chrome Manager
    >
    > Lee

    When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????

    I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:

    Package (checked but grayed out)
    Value
    Status
    Location
    Jar

    They are all checked.
    > They are all checked

  16. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/21/2006 09:25 AM, Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> I installed Seamonkey in Fedora Core 5 last night, then installed the
    >> NoScript extension. I only downloaded the first 200 headers in this
    >> newsgroup so I missed some of what went on before in this subject. :-(
    >>
    >> Anyway, apparently I need to install Mnenhy to knock NoScript. Could
    >> someone please post a link here for Mnenhy for me? Thank you.

    > Mnenhy is here:
    > http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
    >
    > Some people have had success using another couple of extensions, the
    > Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API, to uninstall
    > extensions from Seamonkey.
    >
    > Seamonkey doesn't have it's own extension uninstaller, so you have to
    > install an extension to uninstall extensions.
    >
    > Good luck.

    I found Extension Uninstaller API ... Will the one for Mozilla work? It
    doesn't have one specific to Seamonkey.

  17. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> I seem to be carrying on a conversation with myself in here. I did
    >>> find Mnenhy in Preferences but I don't find where to disable an
    >>> extension in there. Please help. Thank you.

    >> Hi Tonya,
    >>
    >> Tools>>Chrome Manager
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????
    >
    > I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:
    >
    > Package (checked but grayed out)
    > Value
    > Status
    > Location
    > Jar
    >
    > They are all checked.
    >> They are all checked

    Package is available here, with entries for all my extensions.

    I've never actually used it to remove an extension, I've relied on the
    Extensions Uninstaller/Manager instead. I see another post where you
    are exploring that option.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  18. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> Hi Tonya,
    >>>
    >>> Tools>>Chrome Manager
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????
    >>
    >> I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:
    >>
    >> Package (checked but grayed out)
    >> Value
    >> Status
    >> Location
    >> Jar
    >>
    >> They are all checked.
    >>> They are all checked

    > Package is available here, with entries for all my extensions.
    >
    > I've never actually used it to remove an extension, I've relied on the
    > Extensions Uninstaller/Manager instead. I see another post where you
    > are exploring that option.
    >
    > Lee

    If I uninstall Seamonkey in Linux, is it like uninstalling in Windows?
    Do I need to go to the profile and delete it to get rid of all the
    extensions I installed? I'm kind of new to both Linux and even newer to
    Seamonkey. I really, really like Seamonkey ... it reminds me of Netscape
    Communicator 4.x and it seems to be quicker browsing.

  19. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????
    >>>
    >>> I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:
    >>>
    >>> Package (checked but grayed out)
    >>> Value
    >>> Status
    >>> Location
    >>> Jar
    >>>
    >>> They are all checked.

    >> Package is available here, with entries for all my extensions.
    >>
    >> I've never actually used it to remove an extension, I've relied on the
    >> Extensions Uninstaller/Manager instead. I see another post where you
    >> are exploring that option.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > If I uninstall Seamonkey in Linux, is it like uninstalling in Windows?
    > Do I need to go to the profile and delete it to get rid of all the
    > extensions I installed? I'm kind of new to both Linux and even newer to
    > Seamonkey. I really, really like Seamonkey ... it reminds me of Netscape
    > Communicator 4.x and it seems to be quicker browsing.

    Have you tried installing the Extensions Manager yet?

    http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall

    It does work in SeaMonkey.

    Or, are you now looking at removing SeaMonkey, blowing away your
    profile, and starting over?

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  20. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On 09/21/2006 10:59 AM, Tonya Marshall wrote:

    > When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????
    >
    > I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:
    >
    > Package (checked but grayed out)
    > Value
    > Status
    > Location
    > Jar
    >
    > They are all checked.
    >> They are all checked

    Go into the chrome manager.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-1.png

    Click on "+" to expand the "Packages."
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-2.png

    Find Noscript and click its "active" checkmark so that it becomes
    "inactive."
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-3.png