Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead) - Mozilla ; Leonidas Jones wrote: > Tonya Marshall wrote: >> Leonidas Jones wrote: >>> Tonya Marshall wrote: >>>> Leonidas Jones wrote: >>>>> Tonya Marshall wrote: >>>>>> Tonya Marshall wrote: >>>>>>> Tonya Marshall wrote: >>>>>>>> Tonya Marshall wrote: >>>>>>>>> Mumia W. (using mozilla) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> Package is available here, with entries for all my extensions.
    >>>
    >>> I've never actually used it to remove an extension, I've relied on
    >>> the Extensions Uninstaller/Manager instead. I see another post where
    >>> you are exploring that option.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> If I uninstall Seamonkey in Linux, is it like uninstalling in Windows?
    >> Do I need to go to the profile and delete it to get rid of all the
    >> extensions I installed? I'm kind of new to both Linux and even newer
    >> to Seamonkey. I really, really like Seamonkey ... it reminds me of
    >> Netscape Communicator 4.x and it seems to be quicker browsing.

    > Have you tried installing the Extensions Manager yet?
    >
    > http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall
    >
    > It does work in SeaMonkey.
    >
    > Or, are you now looking at removing SeaMonkey, blowing away your
    > profile, and starting over?
    >
    > Lee

    I tried this and couldn't get it to work: Extension Uninstaller API

    I've uninstalled Seamonkey. I'm waiting for the package manager to reset
    itself and put Seamonkey back in. Don't know how long that will take.
    Linux is so different from browsing in Windows that I don't know if I'll
    be able to find the profile or to find out if it was deleted when I
    uninstalled Seamonkey.

  2. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> If I uninstall Seamonkey in Linux, is it like uninstalling in
    >>> Windows? Do I need to go to the profile and delete it to get rid of
    >>> all the extensions I installed? I'm kind of new to both Linux and
    >>> even newer to Seamonkey. I really, really like Seamonkey ... it
    >>> reminds me of Netscape Communicator 4.x and it seems to be quicker
    >>> browsing.

    >> Have you tried installing the Extensions Manager yet?
    >>
    >> http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall
    >>
    >> It does work in SeaMonkey.
    >>
    >> Or, are you now looking at removing SeaMonkey, blowing away your
    >> profile, and starting over?
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > I tried this and couldn't get it to work: Extension Uninstaller API
    >
    > I've uninstalled Seamonkey. I'm waiting for the package manager to reset
    > itself and put Seamonkey back in. Don't know how long that will take.
    > Linux is so different from browsing in Windows that I don't know if I'll
    > be able to find the profile or to find out if it was deleted when I
    > uninstalled Seamonkey.

    There are two parts to the Extension Manager, the extension itself, and
    the API. In the link I gave you, click on the Install link for
    Extension Manager 2.0. When its installed, it will prompt you to let
    install the API.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> Have you tried installing the Extensions Manager yet?
    >>>
    >>> http://mozmonkey.com/?r=extuninstall
    >>>
    >>> It does work in SeaMonkey.
    >>>
    >>> Or, are you now looking at removing SeaMonkey, blowing away your
    >>> profile, and starting over?
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> I tried this and couldn't get it to work: Extension Uninstaller API
    >>
    >> I've uninstalled Seamonkey. I'm waiting for the package manager to reset
    >> itself and put Seamonkey back in. Don't know how long that will take.
    >> Linux is so different from browsing in Windows that I don't know if I'll
    >> be able to find the profile or to find out if it was deleted when I
    >> uninstalled Seamonkey.

    > There are two parts to the Extension Manager, the extension itself, and
    > the API. In the link I gave you, click on the Install link for
    > Extension Manager 2.0. When its installed, it will prompt you to let
    > install the API.
    >
    > Lee

    Deleted the profile folder in Seamonkey, then when I restarted Seamonkey
    it created a new profile. I didn't have anything in there except 1
    bookmark, mhenhy, and noscript so it wasn't a big loss. Seamonkey is
    back to working fine. :_)

  4. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    actually, you can get it from its main site: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

  5. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > Seamonkey doesn't have it's own extension uninstaller

    Yet. Its coming

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage
    where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will
    enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a
    deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of
    silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go. By the
    fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by
    "z" and "W" by "V". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd
    from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors; be aplid
    to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli
    sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun
    vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

  6. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I found Extension Uninstaller API ... Will the one for Mozilla work? It
    > doesn't have one specific to Seamonkey.

    Yes. SM and Moz are basically the same thing.

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage
    where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will
    enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a
    deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of
    silent "e"s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go. By the
    fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by
    "z" and "W" by "V". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd
    from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors; be aplid
    to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli
    sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun
    vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

  7. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/21/2006 10:59 AM, Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >>
    >> When I open up Chrome Manager, it's empty. ????
    >>
    >> I clicked the little icon next to Jar and the drop down list shows this:
    >>
    >> Package (checked but grayed out)
    >> Value
    >> Status
    >> Location
    >> Jar
    >>
    >> They are all checked.
    >>> They are all checked

    > Go into the chrome manager.
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-1.png
    >
    > Click on "+" to expand the "Packages."
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-2.png
    >
    > Find Noscript and click its "active" checkmark so that it becomes
    > "inactive."
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1...rome-mgr-3.png

    Unfortunately, the packages were grayed out in chrome manager for me. As
    I posted above, I deleted my profile in Seamonkey and NoScript was
    toast. :-)

  8. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> I tried this and couldn't get it to work: Extension Uninstaller API
    >>>
    >>> I've uninstalled Seamonkey. I'm waiting for the package manager to
    >>> reset itself and put Seamonkey back in. Don't know how long that will
    >>> take. Linux is so different from browsing in Windows that I don't
    >>> know if I'll be able to find the profile or to find out if it was
    >>> deleted when I uninstalled Seamonkey.

    >> There are two parts to the Extension Manager, the extension itself,
    >> and the API. In the link I gave you, click on the Install link for
    >> Extension Manager 2.0. When its installed, it will prompt you to let
    >> install the API.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Deleted the profile folder in Seamonkey, then when I restarted Seamonkey
    > it created a new profile. I didn't have anything in there except 1
    > bookmark, mhenhy, and noscript so it wasn't a big loss. Seamonkey is
    > back to working fine. :_)

    Sometimes the sledge hammer is the tool of choice! I'm glad you've got
    it working.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  9. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:

    >>> There are two parts to the Extension Manager, the extension itself,
    >>> and the API. In the link I gave you, click on the Install link for
    >>> Extension Manager 2.0. When its installed, it will prompt you to let
    >>> install the API.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> Deleted the profile folder in Seamonkey, then when I restarted Seamonkey
    >> it created a new profile. I didn't have anything in there except 1
    >> bookmark, mhenhy, and noscript so it wasn't a big loss. Seamonkey is
    >> back to working fine. :_)

    > Sometimes the sledge hammer is the tool of choice! I'm glad you've got
    > it working.
    >
    > Lee

    So am I. Seamonkey is really very nice and I like it a lot! Thank you. :-)

  10. Re: Noscript slapping my profile upside the head (bookmarks dead)

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:18:23 -0700, gwtc wrote:
    > Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:

    >> Seamonkey doesn't have it's own extension uninstaller

    > Yet. Its coming

    Here is a teaser:

    Still unstable as hell and most major functionality is missing, but the
    EM works.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Just another inmate in this ASYLUM!!!

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:18:23 -0700, gwtc wrote:
    >> Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:

    >>> Seamonkey doesn't have it's own extension uninstaller

    >> Yet. Its coming

    > Here is a teaser:
    >

    > Still unstable as hell and most major functionality is missing, but the
    > EM works.
    >
    > Phil

    I don't know how an extension manager can be so difficult. After all,
    the guy go created the Extension Uninstaller and Extension Manager for
    Mozilla and SM works just fine. I use it all the time:
    http://mozmonkey.com/

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2