program that remembers passwords - Mozilla

This is a discussion on program that remembers passwords - Mozilla ; I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla. (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo) I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I want use Yahoo, I have to type in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: program that remembers passwords

  1. program that remembers passwords

    I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)

    I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.

    Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    password.

    Thanks

    Bently

  2. Re: program that remembers passwords

    bently wrote:
    > I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    > (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    > [...]


    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=alw...rd+bookmarklet




  3. Re: program that remembers passwords

    /bently/:

    > I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    > (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)


    Not a separate program but a so called bookmarklet makes Mozilla
    remember the password on Yahoo and similar forms:

    Form Bookmarklets: remember password


    --
    Stanimir

  4. Re: program that remembers passwords

    _bently_ spoke thusly on 14/09/2006 12:22 AM:
    > I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    > (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >
    > I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    > want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >
    > Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    > password.


    http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/Autocomplete
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links
    (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  5. Re: program that remembers passwords

    On approximately 9/14/2006 2:03 PM, came the following characters from
    the keyboard of Chris Ilias:
    > _bently_ spoke thusly on 14/09/2006 12:22 AM:
    >> I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    >> (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >>
    >> I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    >> want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >>
    >> Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    >> password.

    >
    > http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/Autocomplete


    Interesting. Is it effective to set wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride
    without actually enabling the encrypted passwords? Or will it only
    override together with the encryption?

    I'd try it, but I've never used a Master Password, already have
    overridden all the sites I want to save passwords for that try to stop
    me from doing so, and don't know if I can get rid of the Master Password
    if I should enable it for testing....

    --
    Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/
    ===========================
    A protocol is complete when there is nothing left to remove.
    -- Stuart Cheshire, Apple Computer, regarding Zero Configuration Networking

  6. Re: program that remembers passwords

    _Glenn_ spoke thusly on 14/09/2006 5:48 PM:
    > On approximately 9/14/2006 2:03 PM, came the following characters from
    > the keyboard of Chris Ilias:
    >
    >> http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/Autocomplete

    >
    > Interesting. Is it effective to set wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride
    > without actually enabling the encrypted passwords? Or will it only
    > override together with the encryption?


    You'll need to have data encryption enabled.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links
    (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  7. NT: Thanks to all

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Glenn_ spoke thusly on 14/09/2006 5:48 PM:
    >> On approximately 9/14/2006 2:03 PM, came the following characters from
    >> the keyboard of Chris Ilias:
    >>
    >>> http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/Autocomplete

    >>
    >> Interesting. Is it effective to set
    >> wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride without actually enabling the
    >> encrypted passwords? Or will it only override together with the
    >> encryption?

    >
    > You'll need to have data encryption enabled.


  8. Re: program that remembers passwords

    bently wrote:
    > I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    > (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >
    > I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    > want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >
    > Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    > password.


    It's a standard part of SeaMonkey. Doesn't seem to be a good way to save
    them, though, nothing like import and extract I can find.

    --
    Bill Davidsen
    "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
    the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot

  9. Re: program that remembers passwords

    Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > bently wrote:
    >> I had a program that would remember password when I was using Mozilla.
    >> (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >>
    >> I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    >> want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >>
    >> Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    >> password.

    >
    > It's a standard part of SeaMonkey. Doesn't seem to be a good way to save
    > them, though, nothing like import and extract I can find.
    >


    Hi Bill,

    You can copy the password files:

    "key3.db" and "[somenumber].s" from your profile directory.

    Chris has more info at:

    http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/

    Ian

  10. Re: program that remembers passwords

    Ian wrote:
    > Bill Davidsen wrote:
    >> bently wrote:
    >>> I had a program that would remember password when I was using
    >>> Mozilla. (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >>>
    >>> I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    >>> want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >>>
    >>> Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    >>> password.

    >>
    >> It's a standard part of SeaMonkey. Doesn't seem to be a good way to
    >> save them, though, nothing like import and extract I can find.
    >>

    >
    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > You can copy the password files:
    >
    > "key3.db" and "[somenumber].s" from your profile directory.
    >
    > Chris has more info at:
    >
    > http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/
    >

    Thank you. The information is useful, but the problem is one of adding
    passwords from one machine or profile to another. Guess doing the plain
    text thing is going to be necessary after all. I was hoping for some
    export function for a few passwords, such as the address tool provides.

    --
    Bill Davidsen
    "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
    the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot

  11. Re: program that remembers passwords

    Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > Ian wrote:
    >> Bill Davidsen wrote:
    >>> bently wrote:
    >>>> I had a program that would remember password when I was using
    >>>> Mozilla. (Yahoo will NOT remember password to access Yahoo)
    >>>>
    >>>> I recently reformatted and changed browser to Seamonkey, and when I
    >>>> want use Yahoo, I have to type in my name and password.
    >>>>
    >>>> Appreciate if someone will give me name of the program to remember
    >>>> password.
    >>> It's a standard part of SeaMonkey. Doesn't seem to be a good way to
    >>> save them, though, nothing like import and extract I can find.
    >>>

    >> Hi Bill,
    >>
    >> You can copy the password files:
    >>
    >> "key3.db" and "[somenumber].s" from your profile directory.
    >>
    >> Chris has more info at:
    >>
    >> http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/
    >>

    > Thank you. The information is useful, but the problem is one of adding
    > passwords from one machine or profile to another. Guess doing the plain
    > text thing is going to be necessary after all. I was hoping for some
    > export function for a few passwords, such as the address tool provides.
    >


    Hi,

    OK, you mean something that offers the features of:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2848/

    but for Seamonkey. Sorry don't know any at the moment.

    I'm still primarily using Firefox not Seamonkey; and do not know what
    the general extension availability is for seamonkey. (Seems
    significantly less than Firefox/Thunderbird).

    Perhaps Chris can offer his advice/views regarding Seamonkey and
    available extensions?

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread