'out of the office' messages - Mozilla

  2. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    > "I am out of the office until 17th September and will reply to your mail
    > when I return.
    >
    > Dusan Zatloukal"

    Please watch the language if you will.

    The person probably has signed up for the mailing list for the
    newsgroup, and when they left the office, it got caught in his/her
    automatic responder.

    You are getting it because you signed up for the mailing list as well or
    are reading it in the newsgroup.

  3. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > HJ van Rantwijk wrote:
    >>
    >> "I am out of the office until 17th September and will reply to your mail
    >> when I return.
    >>
    >> Dusan Zatloukal"
    >>

    > Please watch the language if you will.
    >
    > The person probably has signed up for the mailing list for the
    > newsgroup, and when they left the office, it got caught in his/her
    > automatic responder.
    >
    > You are getting it because you signed up for the mailing list as well or
    > are reading it in the newsgroup.

    I've never seen one of those in the newsgroups

    --
    Pic of the Day -- What a CyberStud looks like:
    http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?im...berstudnc6.jpg

  4. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in
    :

    > HJ van Rantwijk wrote:
    >>
    >> "I am out of the office until 17th September and will reply to
    >> your mail when I return.
    >>
    >> Dusan Zatloukal"

    > Please watch the language if you will.
    >
    > The person probably has signed up for the mailing list for the
    > newsgroup, and when they left the office, it got caught in his/her
    > automatic responder.
    >
    > You are getting it because you signed up for the mailing list as
    > well or are reading it in the newsgroup.

    I think Dusan is subscribed to the list, and his autoresponder is
    active for all our incoming e-mails. The good news is that his
    autoresponder seems to only send one e-mail to each address; at least
    I only got one.

  5. Re: 'out of the office' messages

  6. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    And, if your signature was added correctly it would automatically be
    snipped by Thunderbird, so what was that about setting things up correctly?

    You asked why you were getting them, I told you, dont shoot the
    messanger for answering a question YOU asked. Go talk to the person who
    did it, it wasnt me.

  7. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    gwtc wrote in
    :

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> The person probably has signed up for the mailing list for the
    >> newsgroup, and when they left the office, it got caught in
    >> his/her automatic responder.
    >>
    >> You are getting it because you signed up for the mailing list as
    >> well or are reading it in the newsgroup.

    > I've never seen one of those in the newsgroups

    The autoreplies are sent to the addresses in the From headers, not to
    the list/group.

  8. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    On 12.09.2006 19:31, Q wrote:

    >>> "I am out of the office until 17th September and will reply to
    >>> your mail when I return.
    >>>
    >>> Dusan Zatloukal"

    >> Please watch the language if you will.
    >>
    >> The person probably has signed up for the mailing list for the
    >> newsgroup, and when they left the office, it got caught in his/her
    >> automatic responder.
    >>
    >> You are getting it because you signed up for the mailing list as
    >> well or are reading it in the newsgroup.

    > I think Dusan is subscribed to the list, and his autoresponder is
    > active for all our incoming e-mails. The good news is that his
    > autoresponder seems to only send one e-mail to each address; at least
    > I only got one.

    Not only that but while Dusan is "out of the office" let's go pilfer his
    desk !! Glad he let us know where he won't be. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  9. OT Re: 'out of the office' messages

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 12.09.2006 19:31, Q wrote:

    Please dont pilfer the top left drawer tho.... the stink bomb will go
    off when you open it.

  10. Re: 'out of the office' messages

  11. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we STILL
    seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?

  13. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    On 13.09.2006 02:56, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    > setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we STILL
    > seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?

    May have something to do with the totally useless PGP sig.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  14. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    > Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    > setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we STILL
    > seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?

    What? You don't like it? Oh, sarcasm isn't a message, right.

    /HJ

  15. Re: 'out of the office' messages

  16. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > HJ van Rantwijk wrote:
    >

    >>> And, if your signature was added correctly it would automatically be
    >>> snipped by Thunderbird, so what was that about setting things up
    >>> correctly?

    >> I'm using SeaMonkey, but that's just a nit, however, I was indeed
    >> wondering why it didn't strip my signature, but that's a complete
    >> different issue.
    >>
    >>> You asked why you were getting them, I told you, dont shoot the
    >>> messanger for answering a question YOU asked. Go talk to the person who
    >>> did it, it wasnt me.

    >> Yeah, you are right, sorry for that.
    >>
    >> /HJ

    > Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    > setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we STILL
    > seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?

    You may be seeing a signature, I certainly don't. All I see is the PGP
    "SIGNATURE" which is a totally different thing than a mail signature.
    People normally trim such rather than including it in the reply,
    assuming they know how.

    --
    Bill Davidsen

  17. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    >> Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    >> setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we
    >> STILL seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?
    >>

    > You may be seeing a signature, I certainly don't. All I see is the PGP
    > "SIGNATURE" which is a totally different thing than a mail signature.
    > People normally trim such rather than including it in the reply,
    > assuming they know how.

    You see how annoying this is, just like getting these 'out of the
    office' messages.

    /HJ

  19. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    Will you PLEASE put in a proper sig delimiter in that so it ISNT quoated
    in replies?

    Durn it to heck, YOU are the one complaining about somebody else setting
    up their computer properly, and you go and do yours improperly!

  20. Re: 'out of the office' messages

    HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

    >> Um since the appearance (or not) of the signature is just a matter of
    >> setting things up properly, or better the lack of such, why are we STILL
    >> seeing your signature the same way, did you not get the message?

    > What? You don't like it? Oh, sarcasm isn't a message, right.
    >
    > /HJ

    No, its because YOU had the audacity to complain about someone elses
    computer settings doing something that annoyed you.

    And here you are doiing something equally as annoying and even when
    informed of such as requested to change do not do so.

    Later Gator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast