interesting difference on my.yahoo.com - Mozilla

This is a discussion on interesting difference on my.yahoo.com - Mozilla ; my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize. On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the page selector is a pulldown menu. On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a ...

  1. interesting difference on my.yahoo.com

    my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize.

    On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the
    page selector is a pulldown menu.

    On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a
    text select box and a GO button.

    Any one else notice this?

    I wonder why Yahoo picks on Linux zillas?

  2. Re: interesting difference on my.yahoo.com

    @(none) <""> wrote:
    > my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize.
    >
    > On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the
    > page selector is a pulldown menu.
    >
    > On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a
    > text select box and a GO button.
    >
    > Any one else notice this?
    >
    > I wonder why Yahoo picks on Linux zillas?

    I got pull down menu here. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

  3. Re: interesting difference on my.yahoo.com

    On 08/30/2006 08:37 PM, none wrote:
    > my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize.
    >
    > On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the
    > page selector is a pulldown menu.
    >
    > On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a
    > text select box and a GO button.
    >
    > Any one else notice this?
    >
    > I wonder why Yahoo picks on Linux zillas?

    Did you disable javascript on the Linux machine?

  4. Re: interesting difference on my.yahoo.com

    _none_ spoke thusly on 30/08/2006 9:37 PM:
    > my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize.
    >
    > On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the
    > page selector is a pulldown menu.
    >
    > On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a
    > text select box and a GO button.
    >
    > Any one else notice this?
    >
    > I wonder why Yahoo picks on Linux zillas?

    Yahoo tends to be very (too) specific in their browser detection.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: interesting difference on my.yahoo.com

    Mumia W. wrote:
    > On 08/30/2006 08:37 PM, none wrote:
    >
    >> my.yahoo.com provides multiple pages which you can personalize.
    >>
    >> On Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox (on both XP & Linux FC5), the
    >> page selector is a pulldown menu.
    >>
    >> On Linux (FC5), Mozilla 1.7.13 and Seamonkey render the selector as a
    >> text select box and a GO button.
    >>
    >> Any one else notice this?
    >>
    >> I wonder why Yahoo picks on Linux zillas?

    > Did you disable javascript on the Linux machine?

    No.

    In the Preferences->Advanced->Scripts & Plug-ins window. The Enable
    JavaScript for Navigator is definitely checked.

    Specifically I have move/resize, raise/lower, and change images checked.

    Hide change status bar, and disable/replace context menus are not checked.

+ Reply to Thread