Removing garbage - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Removing garbage - Mozilla ; At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd"> How do I get rid of this garbage? --...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Removing garbage

  1. Removing garbage

    At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts

    "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">

    How do I get rid of this garbage?
    --


  2. Re: Removing garbage

    On 08/06/2006 12:35 AM, ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    >
    > > "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    >
    > How do I get rid of this garbage?


    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gray_bar_below_status_bar


  3. Re: Removing garbage

    ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    >
    > > "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    >
    > How do I get rid of this garbage?

    do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    remove it or update it

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
    with a single click.

  4. Re: Removing garbage

    On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:09:58 UTC, gwtc wrote:

    > ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > > At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    > >
    > > > > "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    > >
    > > How do I get rid of this garbage?

    > do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    > remove it or update it
    >

    If I do I don't know where it is, I don't know what that is.
    I have never seen this in any mozilla.

    --


  5. Re: Removing garbage

    On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:47:31 UTC, "ProNews/2 User"
    wrote:

    > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:09:58 UTC, gwtc wrote:
    >
    > > ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > > > At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    > > >
    > > > > > > "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    > > >
    > > > How do I get rid of this garbage?

    > > do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    > > remove it or update it
    > >

    > If I do I don't know where it is, I don't know what that is.
    > I have never seen this in any mozilla.
    >

    ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    large bar with
    a ^ on it.

    --


  6. Re: Removing garbage

    ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:47:31 UTC, "ProNews/2 User"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:09:58 UTC, gwtc wrote:
    >>
    >>> ProNews/2 User wrote:
    >>>> At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    >>>>
    >>>> >>>> "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    >>>>
    >>>> How do I get rid of this garbage?
    >>> do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    >>> remove it or update it
    >>>

    >> If I do I don't know where it is, I don't know what that is.
    >> I have never seen this in any mozilla.
    >>

    > ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    > large bar with
    > a ^ on it.
    >

    you should have looked under Tools, Extensions and removed it from there.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
    with a single click.

  7. Re: Removing garbage

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 10:09:47 -0700, gwtc wrote:
    > ProNews/2 User wrote:


    >> ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    >> large bar with
    >> a ^ on it.


    > you should have looked under Tools, Extensions and removed it from there.


    Um, which version of SeaMonkey has Tools->Extensions? As far as I know
    SuiteRunner builds aren't available except directly from the
    experimental tinderboxen or if you compile it yourself.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org
    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
    oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.

  8. Re: Removing garbage

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 10:09:47 -0700, gwtc wrote:
    >> ProNews/2 User wrote:

    >
    >>> ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    >>> large bar with
    >>> a ^ on it.

    >
    >> you should have looked under Tools, Extensions and removed it from there.

    >
    > Um, which version of SeaMonkey has Tools->Extensions? As far as I know
    > SuiteRunner builds aren't available except directly from the
    > experimental tinderboxen or if you compile it yourself.
    >
    > Phil
    >

    you're right. I forgot I was in the SM newsgroup and not the FF one.

    So the OP would need the extension uninstaller and the extension
    manager: http://mozmonkey.com/

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

  9. Re: Removing garbage

    On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:09:47 UTC, gwtc wrote:

    > ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:47:31 UTC, "ProNews/2 User"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:09:58 UTC, gwtc wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > >>>> At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    > >>>>
    > >>>> > >>>> "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    > >>>>
    > >>>> How do I get rid of this garbage?
    > >>> do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    > >>> remove it or update it
    > >>>
    > >> If I do I don't know where it is, I don't know what that is.
    > >> I have never seen this in any mozilla.
    > >>

    > > ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    > > large bar with
    > > a ^ on it.
    > >

    > you should have looked under Tools, Extensions and removed it from there.
    >


    I don't have Extensions under tools.
    --


  10. Re: Removing garbage

    ProNews/2 User wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:09:47 UTC, gwtc wrote:
    >
    >> ProNews/2 User wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:47:31 UTC, "ProNews/2 User"
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:09:58 UTC, gwtc wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> ProNews/2 User wrote:
    >>>>>> At the bottom of the browser is a large area with bold red fonts
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>>>>> "chrome://downloadwith/local/downloadwith.dtd">
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> How do I get rid of this garbage?
    >>>>> do you have an extension called downloadwith install? If so, then
    >>>>> remove it or update it
    >>>>>
    >>>> If I do I don't know where it is, I don't know what that is.
    >>>> I have never seen this in any mozilla.
    >>>>
    >>> ! found and removed a downloadwith.jar file, but I still have the
    >>> large bar with
    >>> a ^ on it.
    >>>

    >> you should have looked under Tools, Extensions and removed it from there.
    >>

    >
    > I don't have Extensions under tools.

    did you read my correction!? Probably not, since you asked the question.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: Don't put all your hypes in one home page.

+ Reply to Thread