Doesnt Play Wav Files - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Doesnt Play Wav Files - Mozilla ; Hi, My Seamonkey doesnt play wav-files, if they are in an html file e.g. loaded in an frame. The funny thing is, that it look as if seamonkey has forgotten how to, because it already was able to play such ...

  1. Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Hi,

    My Seamonkey doesnt play wav-files, if they are in an html file e.g.
    loaded in an frame.
    The funny thing is, that it look as if seamonkey has forgotten how to,
    because it already was able to play such files.
    I dont know why its not able any longer.

    I dont want to delete my profile for a clean new installation, because i
    dont know how i can export my mail settings, so that i can import them
    later after i installed seamonkey new.

    I do have a soundcard. Windows can play wavs. I have Mozilla/5.0
    (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-AT; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060516
    SeaMonkey/1.0.2

    Plugins: the windows media player plug-in Dynamic link library has some
    filetypes registered, but not wav. it has asx, afs, wm, wma,wax,wmv and wvx.

    Can someone help me please.

    thx Jerry

  2. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Jeremias Kleer wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My Seamonkey doesnt play wav-files, if they are in an html file e.g.
    > loaded in an frame.
    > The funny thing is, that it look as if seamonkey has forgotten how to,
    > because it already was able to play such files.
    > I dont know why its not able any longer.
    >
    > I dont want to delete my profile for a clean new installation, because i
    > dont know how i can export my mail settings, so that i can import them
    > later after i installed seamonkey new.
    >
    > I do have a soundcard. Windows can play wavs. I have Mozilla/5.0
    > (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-AT; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060516
    > SeaMonkey/1.0.2
    >
    > Plugins: the windows media player plug-in Dynamic link library has some
    > filetypes registered, but not wav. it has asx, afs, wm, wma,wax,wmv and wvx.

    Please provide a url where a wav file doesnt play for you
    > Can someone help me please.
    >
    > thx Jerry

  3. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Jeremias Kleer wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My Seamonkey doesnt play wav-files, if they are in an html file e.g.
    > loaded in an frame.
    > The funny thing is, that it look as if seamonkey has forgotten how to,
    > because it already was able to play such files.
    > I dont know why its not able any longer.
    >
    > I dont want to delete my profile for a clean new installation, because i
    > dont know how i can export my mail settings, so that i can import them
    > later after i installed seamonkey new.
    >
    > I do have a soundcard. Windows can play wavs. I have Mozilla/5.0
    > (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-AT; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060516
    > SeaMonkey/1.0.2
    >
    > Plugins: the windows media player plug-in Dynamic link library has some
    > filetypes registered, but not wav. it has asx, afs, wm, wma,wax,wmv and wvx.
    >
    > Can someone help me please.
    >
    > thx Jerry

    you didn't tell us which program is playing your wav files?

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

  4. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Hi,

    >> My Seamonkey doesnt play wav-files, if they are in an html file e.g.
    >> loaded in an frame.

    Seamonkey opens the Download Dialog

    >> I dont want to delete my profile for a clean new installation, because i
    >> dont know how i can export my mail settings, so that i can import them
    >> later after i installed seamonkey new.

    If there is a way of exporting the these settings only, i could
    reinstall seamonkey of course.

    > Please provide a url where a wav file doesnt play for you

    http://slangoreban.sl.funpic.de/test/test.html

    Ther i have 2 frames. In the first frame i have a link, that starts a
    javascript. The Javascript changes the location of the second frame to
    the sound file. This code already worked, so that i heard sound, but now
    only the download dialog opens

  5. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Jeremias Kleer wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    >>you didn't tell us which program is playing your wav files?

    > The Navigator/Seamonkey should play the sound. Dont want to open another
    > application window of winamp or mediaplayer.

    Seamonkey doesn't play anything. Its not a multi-media player. You
    need a program installed in order to play sound and or video. This is
    known as a plugin.

    In the address bar type in aboutlugins and tell us what is playing
    wav files

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks
    who write the technical manuals for the rest of us have no grip on
    simple English?

  6. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    > Seamonkey doesn't play anything. Its not a multi-media player. You
    > need a program installed in order to play sound and or video. This is
    > known as a plugin.

    yes, i knew something like that :-)

    > In the address bar type in aboutlugins and tell us what is playing wav
    > files

    Here you see my plugins

    http://slangoreban.sl.funpic.de/test/plugins.htm

  7. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Oh, i looked for the quicktime plugin settings. there i found the
    problem of not activated fileformats in the mime-types dialog. now
    everything is fine and i have sound YEAH

    thx

  8. Re: Doesnt Play Wav Files

    Jeremias Kleer wrote:

    >>Seamonkey doesn't play anything. Its not a multi-media player. You
    >>need a program installed in order to play sound and or video. This is
    >>known as a plugin.

    > yes, i knew something like that :-)
    >

    >>In the address bar type in aboutlugins and tell us what is playing wav
    >>files

    > Here you see my plugins
    >
    > http://slangoreban.sl.funpic.de/test/plugins.htm

    the reason nothing is playing is because you don't have anything
    installed to play wav files.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks
    who write the technical manuals for the rest of us have no grip on
    simple English?

+ Reply to Thread