Mailing List Behavior - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mailing List Behavior - Mozilla ; Hello, everybody! I have a strange behavior in SM 1.0.2: When I typed like: List Name: Test list List Nickname: Test List Description: Test List (address entry): testuser@test.com After I finished first e-mail address, I want to move to next ...

  1. Mailing List Behavior

    Hello, everybody!

    I have a strange behavior in SM 1.0.2:

    When I typed like:

    List Name: Test list
    List Nickname: Test List
    (address entry): testuser@test.com

    After I finished first e-mail address, I want to move to next line for
    additional e-mail address, by hitting RETURN to go to next line, but it
    CLOSED on me. It should NOT be acting like that. In Netscape (NS) it
    didn't do that. It is much like when you compose an e-mail, you type
    e-mail address then, hit RETURN to go to next line as it appends itself
    to a new line.

    I think that Mailing List ("New List" under Address Book) has a bug.

    If it is not a bug, please advise so, I can make the correction myself.
    Thanks.

    John

  2. Re: Mailing List Behavior

    John Cunniff wrote:
    > Hello, everybody!
    >
    > I have a strange behavior in SM 1.0.2:
    >
    > When I typed like:
    >
    > List Name: Test list
    > List Nickname: Test List
    > (address entry): testuser@test.com
    >
    > After I finished first e-mail address, I want to move to next line for
    > additional e-mail address, by hitting RETURN to go to next line, but it
    > CLOSED on me. It should NOT be acting like that. In Netscape (NS) it
    > didn't do that. It is much like when you compose an e-mail, you type
    > e-mail address then, hit RETURN to go to next line as it appends itself
    > to a new line.
    >
    > I think that Mailing List ("New List" under Address Book) has a bug.
    >
    > If it is not a bug, please advise so, I can make the correction myself.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    As I understand things, it SHOULD do that!

    If you want more than one address entry, it seems to me you should put a comma
    after the first entry, and type in the next address, followed by a comma, etc.
    All on the same line.

    From SeaMonkey Help:

    Note: Use a comma to separate multiple addresses on the
    same line. Do not use a comma to separate first or last names. For
    example, multiple entries might be:

    user1@netscape.net,user2@netscape.net

    * * *

    I hope this makes it clear.
    When you press 'return' you're telling the mail program you're done entering
    data in that field, and to go on to the next one.

    keith whaley

  3. Re: Mailing List Behavior

    keithw wrote:
    > John Cunniff wrote:
    >> Hello, everybody!
    >>
    >> I have a strange behavior in SM 1.0.2:
    >>
    >> When I typed like:
    >>
    >> List Name: Test list
    >> List Nickname: Test List
    >> (address entry): testuser@test.com
    >>
    >> After I finished first e-mail address, I want to move to next line for
    >> additional e-mail address, by hitting RETURN to go to next line, but
    >> it CLOSED on me. It should NOT be acting like that. In Netscape (NS)
    >> it didn't do that. It is much like when you compose an e-mail, you
    >> type e-mail address then, hit RETURN to go to next line as it appends
    >> itself to a new line.
    >>
    >> I think that Mailing List ("New List" under Address Book) has a bug.
    >>
    >> If it is not a bug, please advise so, I can make the correction
    >> myself. Thanks.
    >>
    >> John

    > As I understand things, it SHOULD do that!
    >
    > If you want more than one address entry, it seems to me you should put a
    > comma after the first entry, and type in the next address, followed by a
    > comma, etc.
    > All on the same line.
    >
    > From SeaMonkey Help:
    >
    > Note: Use a comma to separate multiple addresses on the
    > same line. Do not use a comma to separate first or last names. For
    > example, multiple entries might be:
    >
    > user1@netscape.net,user2@netscape.net
    >
    > * * *
    >
    > I hope this makes it clear.
    > When you press 'return' you're telling the mail program you're done
    > entering data in that field, and to go on to the next one.
    >
    > keith whaley

    Hi Keith!

    Thanks for the tip! I got it clear. I was not used to comma because I am
    blind and it is more easier for my way! Grin.

    Thank you again.

    John

+ Reply to Thread