Extensions folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Extensions folder - Mozilla ; In SM 1.0.1 there is no Extensions folder as there was in Moz. I see several that were in Extensions are now in Chrome as .jar, such as theme SkyPilot and multiviews. Is this because I put them there by ...

  1. Extensions folder

    In SM 1.0.1 there is no Extensions folder as there was in Moz. I see
    several that were in Extensions are now in Chrome as .jar, such as theme
    SkyPilot and multiviews. Is this because I put them there by
    downloading as .jar as opposed to .xpi. And which, in your opinion, is
    the best method? (In consideration that they do not need to be used in
    more than one profile.)

    Miles

  2. Re: Extensions folder

    >> In SM 1.0.1 there is no Extensions folder as there was in Moz. I see
    >> several that were in Extensions are now in Chrome as .jar, such as
    >> theme SkyPilot and multiviews. Is this because I put them there by
    >> downloading as .jar as opposed to .xpi. And which, in your opinion,
    >> is the best method? (In consideration that they do not need to be
    >> used in more than one profile.)
    >>
    >> Miles

    > Moz 1.7.13: I've looked in both the Program Directory and the Profile
    > and I cannot find an Extensions Directory. Where do you find this? I do
    > have a Chrome Directory in my profile where the jar files are.

    There are four extensions in the Extension folder which is at the same
    level as cache, chrome, mail, etc. Each contain a jar and they are
    forecastfox.jar, dictionarysearch.jar, skypilotxxx.jar, and answers.jar.

    Don't ask me why they are in that folder -- I had simply assumed they
    belonged there!

    Miles

  3. Re: Extensions folder

    Miles wrote
    > There are four extensions in the Extension folder which is at the same
    > level as cache, chrome, mail, etc. Each contain a jar and they are
    > forecastfox.jar, dictionarysearch.jar, skypilotxxx.jar, and answers.jar.

    > Don't ask me why they are in that folder -- I had simply assumed they
    > belonged there!

    Did you install SeaMonkey/Mozilla over a Firefox installation? Firefox
    (and perhaps future versions of SeaMonkey) use the extensions directory
    but with SeaMonkey 1.0.1 you may just delete this directory. SeaMonkey
    won't read anything from there

    Manue

    --
    Informieren, bevor es zu spät ist! Es sind auch deine Rechte!
    www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.net www.stop1984.com www.againsttcpa.com

  4. Re: Extensions folder

    Manuel Reimer wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> There are four extensions in the Extension folder which is at the same
    >> level as cache, chrome, mail, etc. Each contain a jar and they are
    >> forecastfox.jar, dictionarysearch.jar, skypilotxxx.jar, and answers.jar.

    >> Don't ask me why they are in that folder -- I had simply assumed they
    >> belonged there!

    > Did you install SeaMonkey/Mozilla over a Firefox installation? Firefox
    > (and perhaps future versions of SeaMonkey) use the extensions directory
    > but with SeaMonkey 1.0.1 you may just delete this directory. SeaMonkey
    > won't read anything from there.
    >
    > Manuel

    As a matter of fact, yes I replaced Moz with FF for a short while, using
    Moz's profile which was left behind on D drive. However, it was there
    before then because I recall forecastfox.jar was there and I couldn't
    get rid of the darned thing. Perhaps FF put the other jars into it --
    don't recall what the answers.jar is unless it is related to 1-Click
    Answers which I've had for some time.

    Miles

  5. Re: Extensions folder

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:28:20 +0200, Manuel Reimer wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    >>> There are four extensions in the Extension folder which is at the same
    >>> level as cache, chrome, mail, etc. Each contain a jar and they are
    >>> forecastfox.jar, dictionarysearch.jar, skypilotxxx.jar, and answers.jar.

    >>> Don't ask me why they are in that folder -- I had simply assumed they
    >>> belonged there!

    >> Did you install SeaMonkey/Mozilla over a Firefox installation? Firefox
    >> (and perhaps future versions of SeaMonkey) use the extensions directory
    >> but with SeaMonkey 1.0.1 you may just delete this directory. SeaMonkey
    >> won't read anything from there.

    > IXNAY on that. If your SeaMonkey profile directory has an extensions
    > directory, please DO NOT delete it. Some extensions may live there.
    > CuteMenus2 for example.
    >
    > Phil

    Thanks, yes, I didn't intend to delete it, perhaps answers.jar and
    dictionarysearch.jar require it, or at least use it since it was there!
    Miles

+ Reply to Thread