Seamonkey vs. IE speed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Seamonkey vs. IE speed - Mozilla ; I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the speed of SM and of IE. On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide): SM: 220 Kb/s IE (v6): 620 Kb/s Who is saying that SM is fast? Horst...

  1. Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the speed
    of SM and of IE.
    On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    SM: 220 Kb/s
    IE (v6): 620 Kb/s

    Who is saying that SM is fast?
    Horst

  2. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    On 26.04.2006 20:37, gwtc wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >
    >> I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the
    >> speed of SM and of IE.
    >> On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    >> SM: 220 Kb/s
    >> IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >>
    >> Who is saying that SM is fast?
    >> Horst

    > and how did you test?

    just pressing Quickstart.
    Horst

  3. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    horst39 wrote:
    > I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the speed
    > of SM and of IE.
    > On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    > SM: 220 Kb/s
    > IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >
    > Who is saying that SM is fast?
    > Horst

    Negligible difference between SM and IE v6 at my location. The
    QuickStart test gives varying results each time it is run.

    Danzer

  4. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    Once upon a time *horst39* wrote:
    > On 26.04.2006 20:37, gwtc wrote:
    >> horst39 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the
    >>> speed of SM and of IE.
    >>> On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    >>> SM: 220 Kb/s
    >>> IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >>>
    >>> Who is saying that SM is fast?
    >>> Horst

    >> and how did you test?
    >>

    > just pressing Quickstart.

    All I care about is how I *experience* the surfing, and I don't feel
    that IE is better in any way.

    --
    /Arne

  5. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    horst39 wrote:
    > I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the speed
    > of SM and of IE.
    > On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    > SM: 220 Kb/s
    > IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >
    > Who is saying that SM is fast?

    Does it matter really? No. Just use whatever works best for you.

    --
    Holger

  6. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    On 26.04.2006 22:12, Danzer wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the
    >> speed of SM and of IE.
    >> On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    >> SM: 220 Kb/s
    >> IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >>
    >> Who is saying that SM is fast?
    >> Horst

    > Negligible difference between SM and IE v6 at my location. The
    > QuickStart test gives varying results each time it is run.
    >
    > Danzer

    Right, the conditions on the web vary continuously: therefore you should
    make a test on both browsers, wait a couple of minutes, repeat the test
    at least 5 times and then calculate the 2 average values.
    Horst

  7. Re: Seamonkey vs. IE speed

    On 26.04.2006 23:31, Holger Metzger wrote:
    > horst39 wrote:
    >> I tested (several times) in http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/ the speed
    >> of SM and of IE.
    >> On average I get following results (Surf speed average worldwide):
    >> SM: 220 Kb/s
    >> IE (v6): 620 Kb/s
    >>
    >> Who is saying that SM is fast?

    > Does it matter really? No. Just use whatever works best for you.

    But I must admit that IE is faster even if not 3 times faster as the
    result of the test may suggest.
    I just found the site I mentioned and was curious to see if my feeling
    was right.
    Nevertheless I love SM and will never change to IE.
    Horst

+ Reply to Thread