Beware of Multizilla! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Beware of Multizilla! - Mozilla ; Hello, I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like: -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows ...

  1. Beware of Multizilla!

    Hello,

    I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:

    -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    stayed empty

    -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)

    -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously

    -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)

    I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    SeaMonkey once in a proper way.

    HansN

  2. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    HansN wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    > 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    > with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >
    > -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    > stayed empty
    >
    > -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    > blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >
    > -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >
    > -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    > turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >
    > I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    > bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    > bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    > SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >
    > HansN

    It's even worse!
    My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    So stay away of MultiZilla!

    HansN

  3. Re: Beware of Multizilla! (fully SeaMonkey v1.0.1 compatible)

    HansN wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    > 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    > with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >
    > -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    > stayed empty
    >
    > -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    > blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >
    > -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >
    > -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    > turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >
    > I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    > bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    > bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    > SeaMonkey once in a proper way.

    Everything works so I wonder what you did to get this much ****

    FYI: I use SeaMonkey v1.0.1 since day one without problem!

    /HJ

  4. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    HansN wrote:
    > HansN wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>
    >>-blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>stayed empty
    >>
    >>-starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    >>blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>
    >>-tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>
    >>-icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    >>turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>
    >>I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    >>bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    >>SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>
    >>HansN

    > It's even worse!
    > My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    > MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    > print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    > So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >
    > HansN

    Multizilla is a great little extension. If you're having this much
    problems, then you must have done something wrong. Perhaps you have
    another Tabbed extension installed. If so, then there's a conflict,
    and this can cause all sorts of problems. I learned that by
    installing Multi and TBE. I'll never do that again.

    Anyways, why don't you post your problems on the multizilla newsgroup.
    HJ [the creator] and others can help you there:
    http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.

  5. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    HansN wrote:

    > HansN wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>
    >>-blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>stayed empty
    >>
    >>-starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    >>blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>
    >>-tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>
    >>-icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    >>turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>
    >>I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    >>bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    >>SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>
    >>HansN

    > It's even worse!
    > My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    > MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    > print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    > So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >
    > HansN

    I got rid of my Multi bar. Most of what I need is on the QPrefs
    button on the Navigational Bar.

    Why don't you put your question to the pros in the Multizilla
    newsgroup. I'm sure HJ can help you out or make a suggestion:
    http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.
    Just make sure you have enough disk space.

  6. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    gwtc,

    Thanks a lot. HJ has already contacted me.
    I bring up my problems in the newsgroup mentioned.

    HansN

    gwtc wrote:
    > HansN wrote:
    >
    >> HansN wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>> 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>> with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>>
    >>> -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>> stayed empty
    >>>
    >>> -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned
    >>> into blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>>
    >>> -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>>
    >>> -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once
    >>> (they turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>>
    >>> I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>> bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly
    >>> before bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality
    >>> of MZ in SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>>
    >>> HansN

    >> It's even worse!
    >> My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >> MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >> print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >> So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>
    >> HansN

    > I got rid of my Multi bar. Most of what I need is on the QPrefs button
    > on the Navigational Bar.
    >
    > Why don't you put your question to the pros in the Multizilla
    > newsgroup. I'm sure HJ can help you out or make a suggestion:
    > http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

  7. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    gwtc wrote:
    > HansN wrote:
    >

    >>HansN wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>>1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>>with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>>
    >>>-blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>>stayed empty
    >>>
    >>>-starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    >>>blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>>
    >>>-tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>>
    >>>-icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    >>>turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>>
    >>>I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>>bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    >>>bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    >>>SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>>
    >>>HansN

    >>It's even worse!
    >>My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >>MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >>print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >>So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>
    >>HansN

    > I got rid of my Multi bar. Most of what I need is on the QPrefs
    > button on the Navigational Bar.
    >
    > Why don't you put your question to the pros in the Multizilla
    > newsgroup. I'm sure HJ can help you out or make a suggestion:
    > http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    sorry, but this posting wasn't supposed to go here, but in another thread

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.
    Just make sure you have enough disk space.

  8. Re: Beware of Multizilla? ()

    gwtc

    I'll change this subject to the multizilla-newsgroup, but still one
    question:
    What do you mean with "other tabbed extension" and with "TBE"?
    I had installed "Colored tabs" and "IETab".
    Will these cause compatibility-problems with MZ?

    HansN

    gwtc wrote:
    > HansN wrote:
    >> HansN wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>> 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>> with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>>
    >>> -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>> stayed empty
    >>>
    >>> -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned
    >>> into blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>>
    >>> -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>>
    >>> -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once
    >>> (they turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>>
    >>> I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>> bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly
    >>> before bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality
    >>> of MZ in SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>>
    >>> HansN

    >> It's even worse!
    >> My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >> MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >> print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >> So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>
    >> HansN

    > Multizilla is a great little extension. If you're having this much
    > problems, then you must have done something wrong. Perhaps you have
    > another Tabbed extension installed. If so, then there's a conflict, and
    > this can cause all sorts of problems. I learned that by installing
    > Multi and TBE. I'll never do that again.
    >
    > Anyways, why don't you post your problems on the multizilla newsgroup.
    > HJ [the creator] and others can help you there:
    > http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

  9. Re: Beware of Multizilla? ()

    HansN wrote:

    > gwtc
    >
    > I'll change this subject to the multizilla-newsgroup, but still one
    > question:
    > What do you mean with "other tabbed extension" and with "TBE"?
    > I had installed "Colored tabs" and "IETab".
    > Will these cause compatibility-problems with MZ?
    >
    > HansN

    please bottom post within these newsgroups. Thanks

    "Other Tabbed Extensions" -- there are many, such as Tabbed Browser
    Extension [tbe], Tab Mix Plus, and a few others. Some can cause
    conflict with other tabbed extensions, including Multi.

    As for the ones you mentioned, maybe colored, because Multi has a
    coloured section in it.

    But, interesting thing to note, Multi has a Browser Spoofer, and I
    also have the User Agent Switch installed, and there's no conflict.
    So, some extensions can cause a conflict and some don't. Which, I
    have no idea.

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.
    Just make sure you have enough disk space.

  10. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    gwtc as Sainte Emma explained on 19/04/2006 :
    > HansN wrote:
    >> HansN wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >>>1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >>>with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>>
    >>>-blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >>>stayed empty
    >>>
    >>>-starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    >>>blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>>
    >>>-tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>>
    >>>-icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    >>>turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>>
    >>>I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >>>bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    >>>bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    >>>SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>>
    >>>HansN

    >> It's even worse!
    >> My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >> MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >> print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >> So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>
    >> HansN

    > Multizilla is a great little extension. If you're having this much
    > problems, then you must have done something wrong. Perhaps you have
    > another Tabbed extension installed. If so, then there's a conflict,
    > and this can cause all sorts of problems. I learned that by
    > installing Multi and TBE. I'll never do that again.

    > Anyways, why don't you post your problems on the multizilla newsgroup.
    > HJ [the creator] and others can help you there:
    > http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    Well I must say, since I installed MZ (had never used it before) I also have
    that SMkey don't start anymore with my home page, but with a blank one.
    Coincidence maybe, but after opening a pdf I couldn't close the window anymore
    en SMkey draw 100% of the CPU. I had to kill it out of the situation.
    No other tabbed extension are installed.

    --
    Belgische Ardennen Belges

    Nu speelt: Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (AccuRadio presents: BRITISH INVASION -- Songs from the U.K. during the 60s: Beatles, Stones, Hollies, Petula Clark, Zombies, Dave Clark Five)

  11. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    Bernard Mercier wrote:
    > gwtc as Sainte Emma explained on 19/04/2006 :
    >
    >>HansN wrote:

    >>>It's even worse!
    >>>My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >>>MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >>>print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >>>So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>>
    >>>HansN

    >>Multizilla is a great little extension. If you're having this much
    >>problems, then you must have done something wrong. Perhaps you have
    >>another Tabbed extension installed. If so, then there's a conflict,
    >>and this can cause all sorts of problems. I learned that by
    >>installing Multi and TBE. I'll never do that again.

    >>Anyways, why don't you post your problems on the multizilla newsgroup.
    >> HJ [the creator] and others can help you there:
    >>http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    > Well I must say, since I installed MZ (had never used it before) I also have
    > that SMkey don't start anymore with my home page, but with a blank one.
    > Coincidence maybe, but after opening a pdf I couldn't close the window anymore
    > en SMkey draw 100% of the CPU. I had to kill it out of the situation.
    > No other tabbed extension are installed.

    again, post your problems in the multizilla newsgroup. The developers
    and other helper are far better experts on this sort of thing than the
    Champs and other helpers are here:
    http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.
    Just make sure you have enough disk space.

  12. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    Bernard Mercier wrote:
    > gwtc as Sainte Emma explained on 19/04/2006 :
    >> HansN wrote:

    >>> It's even worse!
    >>> My whole preferences menu seems to be disordered after I had used
    >>> MultiZilla. I cannot change my homepage anymore and disabling of the
    >>> print and go buttons doesn't work either.
    >>> So stay away of MultiZilla!
    >>>
    >>> HansN

    >> Multizilla is a great little extension. If you're having this much
    >> problems, then you must have done something wrong. Perhaps you have
    >> another Tabbed extension installed. If so, then there's a conflict,
    >> and this can cause all sorts of problems. I learned that by
    >> installing Multi and TBE. I'll never do that again.

    >> Anyways, why don't you post your problems on the multizilla newsgroup.
    >> HJ [the creator] and others can help you there:
    >> http://multizilla.mozdev.org/contact.html

    > Well I must say, since I installed MZ (had never used it before) I also have
    > that SMkey don't start anymore with my home page, but with a blank one.
    > Coincidence maybe, but after opening a pdf I couldn't close the window anymore
    > en SMkey draw 100% of the CPU. I had to kill it out of the situation.
    > No other tabbed extension are installed.

    That is just a pref setting, see our FAQ page!

    FYI: this is the SeaMonkey newsgroup and not the MultiZilla newsgroup so
    please be polite and move over to our newsgroup. Don't pollute this
    newsgroup with unrelated comments.

    Thank you,
    /HJ

  13. Re: Beware of Multizilla!

    HansN wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    > 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    > with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >
    > -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    > stayed empty
    >
    > -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    > blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >
    > -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >
    > -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once (they
    > turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >
    > I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    > bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    > bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ in
    > SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >
    > HansN

    Hans -

    I had the same problem with MZ. What I did is install a new (clean)
    version of SeaMonkey with NO other extensions. MZ seems to work fine.
    When I tried to install google bar, color tabs et al, everything went
    south. You would not need color tabs or google bar with MZ anyway. I
    also think some themes may make things go wrong.

    James

  14. Re: Beware of Multizilla! (subject moved to news.mozdev.org)

    james wrote:
    > HansN wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I just installed MultiZilla for the second time, this time version
    >> 1.8.1.1c. I advise anybody to do not! MultiZilla isn't yet compatible
    >> with Seamonkey. Several problems occured after installing MZ like:
    >>
    >> -blue title-bars on the pages in the multizilla-preference-windows
    >> stayed empty
    >>
    >> -starting up with the homepage wasn't possible anymore (it turned into
    >> blank every time, whatever I did in the navigator startup-window)
    >>
    >> -tab-browsing was disorderd spontaneously
    >>
    >> -icons on the MultiZilla tabbar stayed empty after using them once
    >> (they turned to blank/white and didn't show the icon anymore)
    >>
    >> I was very glad that just before I installed MozBack, so that I could
    >> bring the system back to normal. I ask HJ to test MZ thoroughly before
    >> bringing up a new release. For I hope to use the functionality of MZ
    >> in SeaMonkey once in a proper way.
    >>
    >> HansN

    > Hans -
    >
    > I had the same problem with MZ. What I did is install a new (clean)
    > version of SeaMonkey with NO other extensions. MZ seems to work fine.
    > When I tried to install google bar, color tabs et al, everything went
    > south. You would not need color tabs or google bar with MZ anyway. I
    > also think some themes may make things go wrong.
    >
    > James

    Yes James, thanks a lot. That's what HJ suggested to me and that's what
    I gonna do.
    btw: I moved this subject to the multizilla newsgroup:
    public-mozdev-multizilla on news.mozdez.org.

    HansN

+ Reply to Thread