Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors - Mozilla ; On 3/28/2006 10:46 AM Jarno Suni created this reply > I tried to edit my homepage by the Composer. Anchors are blue even if I > have set them other color in a CSS file. Otherwise styles > seem to ...

  1. Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors

    On 3/28/2006 10:46 AM Jarno Suni created this reply
    > I tried to edit my homepage by the Composer. Anchors are blue even if I
    > have set them other color in a CSS file. Otherwise styles
    > seem to be displayed right, but Javascript does not work.

    Open Composer then click on the "Source" tab on the bottom of the
    screen. This opens the text editor so you can manually edit the HTML
    code. Where you see the tag remove all entries except the tag
    itself. Be sure to keep the closing bracket ">". This will now allow
    your CSS file to control all elements on your page, including link color.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  2. Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > Open Composer then click on the "Source" tab on the bottom of the
    > screen. This opens the text editor so you can manually edit the HTML
    > code. Where you see the tag remove all entries except the tag
    > itself. Be sure to keep the closing bracket ">". This will now allow
    > your CSS file to control all elements on your page, including link color.

    As you can check, I do not have any attributes set for body tag of my
    homepage html file. Anchors are displayed correctly by the Navigator,
    but not by the Composer.

    --
    Homepage http://www.iki.fi/jarno.suni/

  3. Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors

    On 3/29/2006 12:39 PM Jarno Suni created this reply
    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >> Open Composer then click on the "Source" tab on the bottom of the
    >> screen. This opens the text editor so you can manually edit the HTML
    >> code. Where you see the tag remove all entries except the tag
    >> itself. Be sure to keep the closing bracket ">". This will now
    >> allow your CSS file to control all elements on your page, including
    >> link color.

    > As you can check, I do not have any attributes set for body tag of my
    > homepage html file. Anchors are displayed correctly by the Navigator,
    > but not by the Composer.

    Ok, now I understand a little more about your concern.

    Open Composer to your page.
    On the top tool bar click Edit and scroll down to Preferences and select
    Preferences.
    Preferences should open the navigation panel for Composer, select "New
    Page Settings" and set the link colors to what you have on your web page.
    Then tick the radio button for Set Custom Colors.
    Click OK at the bottom of the dialog.

    This will set Composer to all your pages.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...
    http://www.armadilloweb.com

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  4. Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors

    Michael Gordon wrote:

    > This will set Composer to all your pages.

    Yes, but I want Composer to set colors according to a CSS file. I guess
    it is a bug that it does not do it for all tags.

    --
    Homepage http://www.iki.fi/jarno.suni/

  5. Re: Composer shows wrong colors for anchors

    On 3/30/2006 2:40 AM Jarno Suni created this reply
    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> This will set Composer to all your pages.

    > Yes, but I want Composer to set colors according to a CSS file. I
    > guess it is a bug that it does not do it for all tags.

    This is true and that is one reason Composer has the "Browse" button in
    the tool bar. It is hoped that Nvu will be ported into SeaMonkey soon,
    or at least the major upgrades Nvu has developed.

    Michael