TagZilla in SeaMonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TagZilla in SeaMonkey - Mozilla ; I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I ...

  1. TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but
    it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the
    TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I have it
    configured] it goes ahead and sends the message before it lets me choose
    a tag line. Works OK in Mozilla Suite 1.7.11 and Thunderbird. Any ideas?

    JAS

  2. Re: TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    JAS wrote:
    > I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but
    > it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the
    > TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I have it
    > configured] it goes ahead and sends the message before it lets me choose
    > a tag line. Works OK in Mozilla Suite 1.7.11 and Thunderbird. Any ideas?
    >
    > JAS

    Been that way since Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 at least. I've posted messages
    and debug info to the list/newsgroup to no avail. The author seems to
    be on to other things. Such is the downside of extensions. An author
    loses interest and we be screwed. Tagzilla is one of my faves. In fact,
    regular correspondents have been asking me for months what happened to
    my tag lines. They miss them!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  3. Re: TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:57:27 -0500, Ed Mullen wrote:
    > JAS wrote:

    >> I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but
    >> it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the
    >> TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I have it
    >> configured] it goes ahead and sends the message before it lets me choose
    >> a tag line. Works OK in Mozilla Suite 1.7.11 and Thunderbird. Any ideas?

    Set Tagzilla not to automatically attach taglines on send. Manually use
    CTRL-J to insert a tagline just before sending.

    > Been that way since Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 at least. I've posted messages
    > and debug info to the list/newsgroup to no avail. The author seems to
    > be on to other things. Such is the downside of extensions. An author
    > loses interest and we be screwed. Tagzilla is one of my faves. In fact,
    > regular correspondents have been asking me for months what happened to
    > my tag lines. They miss them!

    I've contributed a patch or two to tagzilla in the past. If I have the
    time I see if I can identify the problem. Of course I said the same
    thing last year....

    Phil
    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Originality is the art of concealing your source...

  4. Re: TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    W3BNR wrote:
    > On or about 3/28/2006 9:57 PM, Ed Mullen penned the following:
    >> JAS wrote:
    >>> I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but
    >>> it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the
    >>> TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I have it
    >>> configured] it goes ahead and sends the message before it lets me choose
    >>> a tag line. Works OK in Mozilla Suite 1.7.11 and Thunderbird. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> JAS

    >> Been that way since Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 at least. I've posted messages
    >> and debug info to the list/newsgroup to no avail. The author seems to
    >> be on to other things. Such is the downside of extensions. An author
    >> loses interest and we be screwed. Tagzilla is one of my faves. In fact,
    >> regular correspondents have been asking me for months what happened to
    >> my tag lines. They miss them!
    >>

    > As an alternative (which I've mentioned here before) you could use
    > Pick-a-Tag. My signature was created with it and it works with most
    > mail programs including Mozilla and SeaMonkey.
    >
    > Pick-a-Tag: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zhwu/pat160b1.zip

    Thanks, Ed, I'll take a look.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  5. Re: TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    On 29.03.2006 05:46 W3BNR spoke thusly:

    > On or about 3/28/2006 9:57 PM, Ed Mullen penned the following:
    >> JAS wrote:
    >>> I currently have TagZilla 0.59 and JsLib installed on SeaMonkey1.0 but
    >>> it will not insert a tag line. When I click send and it brings up the
    >>> TagZilla box with my tag lines to choose from[that is the way I have it
    >>> configured] it goes ahead and sends the message before it lets me choose
    >>> a tag line. Works OK in Mozilla Suite 1.7.11 and Thunderbird. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> JAS

    >> Been that way since Mozilla Suite 1.7.12 at least. I've posted messages
    >> and debug info to the list/newsgroup to no avail. The author seems to
    >> be on to other things. Such is the downside of extensions. An author
    >> loses interest and we be screwed. Tagzilla is one of my faves. In fact,
    >> regular correspondents have been asking me for months what happened to
    >> my tag lines. They miss them!
    >>

    > As an alternative (which I've mentioned here before) you could use
    > Pick-a-Tag. My signature was created with it and it works with most
    > mail programs including Mozilla and SeaMonkey.
    >
    > Pick-a-Tag: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zhwu/pat160b1.zip

    Is there any additional information about Pick-a-Tab? As far as I can
    tell, the zip file contains only the executable.

  6. Re: TagZilla in SeaMonkey

    And it does work in WinXP.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR
    Do not speak about Time, until you have spoken to him.

+ Reply to Thread