Site navigation bar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Site navigation bar - Mozilla ; Such items as "Top", "Up", "First" and "Last" are not found in W3C HTML 4.01 specification chapter 6.12, but are there in the site navigation bar of SeaMonkey. Are they supported by any other browsers? Which profile should web site ...

  1. Site navigation bar

    Such items as "Top", "Up", "First" and "Last" are not found in W3C HTML
    4.01 specification chapter 6.12, but are there in the site navigation
    bar of SeaMonkey. Are they supported by any other browsers? Which
    profile should web site developers use due to these unrecognized link
    types? (I still refer to chapter 6.12)

    --
    Homepage http://www.iki.fi/jarno.suni/

  2. Re: Site navigation bar

    On 3/28/2006 1:21 PM Jarno Suni created this reply
    > Such items as "Top", "Up", "First" and "Last" are not found in W3C
    > HTML 4.01 specification chapter 6.12, but are there in the site
    > navigation bar of SeaMonkey. Are they supported by any other browsers?
    > Which profile should web site developers use due to these unrecognized
    > link types? (I still refer to chapter 6.12)

    Can you be more specific and provide a sample?

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  3. Re: Site navigation bar

    Jarno Suni schrieb:
    > Such items as "Top", "Up", "First" and "Last" are not found in W3C HTML
    > 4.01 specification chapter 6.12, but are there in the site navigation
    > bar of SeaMonkey. Are they supported by any other browsers? Which
    > profile should web site developers use due to these unrecognized link
    > types? (I still refer to chapter 6.12)

    Hmm, correct. Though I didn't realize that they stripped those from the
    spec until you mentioned it...

    Robert Kaiser

  4. Re: Site navigation bar

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > Can you be more specific and provide a sample?

    You can enable the site navigation bar in Navigator from View ->
    Show/Hide -> Site Navigation Bar. You can read the W3C spec I referred
    to at http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.12

    --
    Homepage http://www.iki.fi/jarno.suni/

  5. Re: Site navigation bar

    On 3/29/2006 12:57 PM Jarno Suni created this reply
    > Michael Gordon wrote:
    >> Can you be more specific and provide a sample?

    > You can enable the site navigation bar in Navigator from View ->
    > Show/Hide -> Site Navigation Bar. You can read the W3C spec I referred
    > to at http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.12

    Now I see, said the Blind Man...

    I remember now seeing that site navigation bar when I first installed
    Mozilla 1.7 (something), but turned it off when I couldn't make sense of it.

    Thanks for pointing this out.

    Michael