Censorship - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Censorship - Mozilla ; This information about the creator of the Seamonkey logo is freely available thru Google, and I don't appreciate my posts being censored. The newsgroup police can kiss my ass. Alex Butin nick: purporte[X] phone: +420 776 776 972 e-mail: web: ...

  1. Censorship

    This information about the creator of the Seamonkey logo is freely
    available thru Google, and I don't appreciate my posts being censored.
    The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.

    Alex Butin
    nick: purporte[X]
    phone: +420 776 776 972
    e-mail:
    web: http://www.purportex.org/
    ICQ: status 81899887
    Jabber: [status] purportex@njs.netlab.cz

    function: artist, designer, webdesigner, flashmaster
    info:
    Macromedia Flash, HTML, XHTML, XML, DHTML, CSS* knowledge

    Experiences with Linux

    Speaks natively Czech and Russian

  2. Re: Censorship

    Al wrote:
    > This information about the creator of the Seamonkey logo is freely
    > available thru Google, and I don't appreciate my posts being censored.
    > The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.
    >
    > Alex Butin

    > Speaks natively Czech and Russian

    What the hell is your problem?

    Chris

  3. Re: Censorship

    Al schrieb:
    > The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.

    So we do then.

    BTW, can't you understand what we already posted as multiple replies
    here? That guy has assigned _all rights_ on the imagery to us, so WE are
    the ONLY ones who can grant useage of the images.

    Anyways, you have wished that your A** should be K***ED, so it might
    actually be a good idea for us to follow that request.

    Robert kaiser

  4. Re: Censorship

    Robert Kaiser wrote:

    > Al schrieb:
    >
    >>The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.

    > So we do then.
    >
    > BTW, can't you understand what we already posted as multiple replies
    > here? That guy has assigned _all rights_ on the imagery to us, so WE are
    > the ONLY ones who can grant useage of the images.
    >
    > Anyways, you have wished that your A** should be K***ED, so it might
    > actually be a good idea for us to follow that request.
    >
    > Robert kaiser

    I'm presuming this has been continued from another newsgroup?

  5. Re: Censorship

    gwtc wrote:

    > Robert Kaiser wrote:
    >

    >>Al schrieb:
    >>

    >>>The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.

    >>So we do then.
    >>
    >>BTW, can't you understand what we already posted as multiple replies
    >>here? That guy has assigned _all rights_ on the imagery to us, so WE are
    >>the ONLY ones who can grant useage of the images.
    >>
    >>Anyways, you have wished that your A** should be K***ED, so it might
    >>actually be a good idea for us to follow that request.
    >>
    >>Robert kaiser

    > I'm presuming this has been continued from another newsgroup?

    never mind, I see where its coming from.

  6. Re: Censorship

    Al wrote:
    > This information about the creator of the Seamonkey logo is freely
    > available thru Google, and I don't appreciate my posts being censored.
    > The newsgroup police can kiss my ass.

    Al, please be civil and accept the newsgroup policy. Also, like I said
    in that other newsgroup thread, this issue has been resolved with the
    SeaMonkey Council.

    No wonder this event escalated, I mean just read this:

    "Some versions of the logo and derived artwork are used in the
    mozilla.org CVS code repository and the final SeaMonkey application, and
    provided under the MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license for that purpose."

    so we *can* use these images *without* your permission?!?

    /HJ

  7. Re: Censorship

    HJ schrieb:
    > No wonder this event escalated, I mean just read this:
    >
    > "Some versions of the logo and derived artwork are used in the
    > mozilla.org CVS code repository and the final SeaMonkey application, and
    > provided under the MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license for that purpose."
    >
    > so we *can* use these images *without* your permission?!?

    As long as you're using the images that are in the main mozilla.org
    repository, and you trust those licenses to apply to images (that is a
    bit unclear legally), you probably can.
    Still the situation is unclear to say the least - and, of course, you
    can only use it in ways those licenses allow, which means you should
    probably read them and find out if your use fall under that category of
    uses.

    Robert Kaiser

  8. Re: Censorship

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:43:53 +0100, Christian Biesinger wrote:

    > Al wrote:
    >> This information about the creator of the Seamonkey logo is freely
    >> available thru Google, and I don't appreciate my posts being censored.

    > What was being censored where?

    I think he's referring to one of his posts being snipped in a follow
    up response in the other thread. Snipping is a perfectly normal and
    highly recommended matter, as you know.

+ Reply to Thread