Minimize to tray - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Minimize to tray - Mozilla ; I tried to install 'Minimize to tray' from Mozilla Add-ins. It seems it doesn't work because of missing dll(s) - so I get an error message to this effect. a) can I make it work or b) can I get ...

  1. Minimize to tray

    I tried to install 'Minimize to tray' from Mozilla Add-ins.
    It seems it doesn't work because of missing dll(s) - so I get an error
    message to this effect.
    a) can I make it work or
    b) can I get rid of it and how?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  2. Re: Minimize to tray

    Jim Scott wrote:

    > I tried to install 'Minimize to tray' from Mozilla Add-ins.
    > It seems it doesn't work because of missing dll(s) - so I get an error
    > message to this effect.
    > a) can I make it work or
    > b) can I get rid of it and how?

    does it say which dlls are missing?

  3. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:43:13 -0800, gwtc wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:
    >
    >> I tried to install 'Minimize to tray' from Mozilla Add-ins.
    >> It seems it doesn't work because of missing dll(s) - so I get an error
    >> message to this effect.
    >> a) can I make it work or
    >> b) can I get rid of it and how?

    > does it say which dlls are missing?

    No.
    The error box label is 'Component Load Error'.
    "Cannot find binary component."
    "Make sure you have the requires DLLs before installing."

    This pops up twice.
    SM opens and runs fine and Minimize to Tray appears in Preference> Advanced
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  4. Re: Minimize to tray

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:43:13 -0800, gwtc wrote:
    >
    >> Jim Scott wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried to install 'Minimize to tray' from Mozilla Add-ins.
    >>> It seems it doesn't work because of missing dll(s) - so I get an error
    >>> message to this effect.
    >>> a) can I make it work or
    >>> b) can I get rid of it and how?

    >> does it say which dlls are missing?

    > No.
    > The error box label is 'Component Load Error'.
    > "Cannot find binary component."
    > "Make sure you have the requires DLLs before installing."
    >
    > This pops up twice.
    > SM opens and runs fine and Minimize to Tray appears in Preference> Advanced

    There's a FAQ on the 'Minimize to tray'-site but it doesn't offer a
    clear solution

    Regards,

    Roland

  5. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:35:54 +0100, Roland de Ruiter wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:

    >>> does it say which dlls are missing?

    >> No.
    >> The error box label is 'Component Load Error'.
    >> "Cannot find binary component."
    >> "Make sure you have the requires DLLs before installing."
    >>
    >> This pops up twice.
    >> SM opens and runs fine and Minimize to Tray appears in Preference> Advanced

    > There's a FAQ on the 'Minimize to tray'-site but it doesn't offer a
    > clear solution
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Roland

    Thanks for looking Roland.
    However I have only ever used this version, so that answer does not help.
    I cannot find out how to install the add-on either.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  6. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:48:00 +0000, Jim Scott wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:35:54 +0100, Roland de Ruiter wrote:
    >
    >> Jim Scott wrote:

    >>> No.
    >>> The error box label is 'Component Load Error'.
    >>> "Cannot find binary component."
    >>> "Make sure you have the requires DLLs before installing."
    >>>
    >>> This pops up twice.
    >>> SM opens and runs fine and Minimize to Tray appears in Preference> Advanced

    >> There's a FAQ on the 'Minimize to tray'-site but it doesn't offer a
    >> clear solution
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Roland

    > Thanks for looking Roland.
    > However I have only ever used this version, so that answer does not help.
    > I cannot find out how to install the add-on either.

    Sorry of course I meant Uninstall ?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  7. Re: Minimize to tray

    Jim Scott wrote:

    > On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:48:00 +0000, Jim Scott wrote:

    >>>There's a FAQ on the 'Minimize to tray'-site but it doesn't offer a
    >>>clear solution
    >>>

    >>>Regards,
    >>>
    >>>Roland

    >>Thanks for looking Roland.
    >>However I have only ever used this version, so that answer does not help.
    >>I cannot find out how to install the add-on either.

    > Sorry of course I meant Uninstall ?

    get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    http://mozmonkey.com/

  8. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:33:57 -0800, gwtc wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:

    >>>Thanks for looking Roland.
    >>>However I have only ever used this version, so that answer does not help.
    >>>I cannot find out how to install the add-on either.

    >> Sorry of course I meant Uninstall ?

    > get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    > http://mozmonkey.com/

    I did, but since the extension never properly installed in the first place,
    it seems to be in some kind of limbo and not listed on the uninstaller list.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  9. Re: Minimize to tray

    Jim Scott wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:33:57 -0800, gwtc wrote:
    >

    >>Jim Scott wrote:

    >>>Sorry of course I meant Uninstall ?

    >>get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    >>http://mozmonkey.com/

    > I did, but since the extension never properly installed in the first place,
    > it seems to be in some kind of limbo and not listed on the uninstaller list.

    Then close SM, and delete the Chrome directory in your profile.

    CAUTION: you will loose any and all extensions and themes you may
    have. So you may have to reinstall those.

  10. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:46:51 -0800, gwtc wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:

    >>>get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    >>>http://mozmonkey.com/

    >> I did, but since the extension never properly installed in the first place,
    >> it seems to be in some kind of limbo and not listed on the uninstaller list.

    > Then close SM, and delete the Chrome directory in your profile.
    >
    > CAUTION: you will loose any and all extensions and themes you may
    > have. So you may have to reinstall those.

    Thanks.
    That seems to work.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  11. Re: Minimize to tray

    > get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    > http://mozmonkey.com/

    I installed Extension Manager. When I ran it from Tools, it informed me that
    I should install Extension Uninstaller, which I did.
    That's when the trouble started !!!
    When I reopened SM, the File/Edit/etc toolbar had disappeared and there were
    huge empty spaces at the bottom of both Navigator and Mail windows.
    Doing anything without the toolbar is impossible so I had to go into the
    profile and delete the Chrome folder as gwtc suggested.
    I had quite forgotten how many tweaks I had used and it took me an hour to
    get back to normal.
    Then I had to try again didn't I!
    Tit!
    Another hour later and 1 a.m. resolved never to try that again.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  12. Re: Minimize to tray

    _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 9:27 AM:
    >> get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    >> http://mozmonkey.com/

    > I installed Extension Manager. When I ran it from Tools, it informed me that
    > I should install Extension Uninstaller, which I did.

    It's probably looking for an extension uninstaller API.
    If you get that message again, try installing this API:

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  13. Re: Minimize to tray

    On 3/3/2006 9:42 PM Chris Ilias wrote:

    > It's probably looking for an extension uninstaller API.
    > If you get that message again, try installing this API:

    Or Mnenhy with its Chrome manger.

    OJ
    --
    The end of the world is best viewed with Microsoft Universe Exploder
    v6.66. (Unbekannt)

  14. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:42:27 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 9:27 AM:
    >>> get the extension uninstaller, or is it the extension manager:
    >>> http://mozmonkey.com/

    >> I installed Extension Manager. When I ran it from Tools, it informed me that
    >> I should install Extension Uninstaller, which I did.

    > It's probably looking for an extension uninstaller API.
    > If you get that message again, try installing this API:

    That did it. Thanks.
    I now have Extension Installer 0.2.1 AND Extension Installer API listed.
    Dare I try Minimize to Tray again or leave it alone?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

  15. Re: Minimize to tray

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:42:27 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 9:27 AM:
    >>> I installed Extension Manager. When I ran it from Tools, it informed me that
    >>> I should install Extension Uninstaller, which I did.

    >> It's probably looking for an extension uninstaller API.
    >> If you get that message again, try installing this API:
    >>

    > That did it. Thanks.
    > I now have Extension Installer 0.2.1 AND Extension Installer API listed.
    > Dare I try Minimize to Tray again or leave it alone?

    You could back up your Chrome folder first.

    Btw, I had the thing with the grayed out arrear once but I had Extension
    Manager and Uninstaller installed already,
    so I just disabled (and latter uninstalled) the relevant extension and
    everything was sweet again. It happened when I went from one version of
    the Suite to a latter one.

    --
    Adrian
    Bug? That's not a bug, that's a feature.

  16. Re: Minimize to tray

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:41:21 +1000, AdrianDownUnder wrote:

    > Jim Scott wrote:
    >> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:42:27 -0500, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> _Jim Scott_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 9:27 AM:
    >>> It's probably looking for an extension uninstaller API.
    >>> If you get that message again, try installing this API:
    >>>

    >> That did it. Thanks.
    >> I now have Extension Installer 0.2.1 AND Extension Installer API listed.
    >> Dare I try Minimize to Tray again or leave it alone?

    > You could back up your Chrome folder first.

    Mm. I never thought of that.

    > Btw, I had the thing with the grayed out arrear once but I had Extension
    > Manager and Uninstaller installed already,
    > so I just disabled (and latter uninstalled) the relevant extension and
    > everything was sweet again. It happened when I went from one version of
    > the Suite to a latter one.

    I tried 'Minimize to Tray again' and it duly performed the same chaos.
    The trouble is that since it does not install properly, neither does it
    appear in the Extension Manager.
    I fiddled with the Chrome and crashed the whole thing.
    I do have a backup via Mozbackup, but I must be honest and listen to the
    person who said that "If you use FF and TB then if one crashes, you still
    have the other".
    So I'm off to use the two of them until I get bored again.
    BTW 'Minimize to Tray' works perfectly well with them )
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

+ Reply to Thread