Bookmark files re-created all the time - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Bookmark files re-created all the time - Mozilla ; I'm using Seamonkey 1.0 on a Mac and for some strange reason my bookmark (bookmarks.html) file seems to be copied all the time, so now I have (in addition to the original file): bookmarks-1.html bookmarks-2.html bookmarks-3.html bookmarks-4.html bookmarks-5.html bookmarks-6.html ..... ...

  1. Bookmark files re-created all the time

    I'm using Seamonkey 1.0 on a Mac and for some strange reason my bookmark
    (bookmarks.html) file seems to be copied all the time, so now I have (in
    addition to the original file):

    bookmarks-1.html
    bookmarks-2.html
    bookmarks-3.html
    bookmarks-4.html
    bookmarks-5.html
    bookmarks-6.html

    ..... and so on.

    Is this a bug or a feature?

  2. Re: Bookmark files re-created all the time

    On 3/2/2006 11:48 AM Arild P. wrote:

    > Is this a bug or a feature?

    Im not sure, but search for a file called moztemp or similar. If ofund
    delete it.

    OJ
    --
    `But he knows your dad was right all along now about Voldemort being
    back -? `Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others

  3. Re: Bookmark files re-created all the time

    _Arild P._ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 5:48 AM:
    > I'm using Seamonkey 1.0 on a Mac and for some strange reason my bookmark
    > (bookmarks.html) file seems to be copied all the time, so now I have (in
    > addition to the original file):
    >
    > bookmarks-1.html
    > bookmarks-2.html
    > bookmarks-3.html
    > bookmarks-4.html
    > bookmarks-5.html
    > bookmarks-6.html
    >
    > .... and so on.
    >

    > Is this a bug or a feature?

    The following also applies to SeaMonkey:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/troubleshoot...yBookmarkFiles
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: Bookmark files re-created all the time

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Arild P._ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 5:48 AM:
    >> I'm using Seamonkey 1.0 on a Mac and for some strange reason my bookmark
    >> (bookmarks.html) file seems to be copied all the time, so now I have (in
    >> addition to the original file):
    >>
    >> bookmarks-1.html
    >> bookmarks-2.html
    >> bookmarks-3.html
    >> bookmarks-4.html
    >> bookmarks-5.html
    >> bookmarks-6.html
    >>
    >> .... and so on.
    >>

    >> Is this a bug or a feature?

    > The following also applies to SeaMonkey:
    > http://ilias.ca/mozilla/troubleshoot...yBookmarkFiles

    Nope, there's no "bookmarks.html.moztmp" file (or any similarly named
    file) to be found.
    Perhaps this only applies to the Windows version. I'm using Mozilla on a
    Mac.

+ Reply to Thread