From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ????? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ????? - Mozilla ; Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from Thundebird to Seamonkey ? (I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey identified it self to be Suite 1.8, mails were there but after restart of the PC have ...

  1. From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from
    Thundebird to Seamonkey ?

    (I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey
    identified it self to be Suite 1.8, mails were there but
    after restart of the PC have disappeared ncluding settings
    etc..)

  2. Re: From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    _Peter_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 3:07 AM:
    > Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from Thundebird to
    > Seamonkey ?
    >
    > (I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey identified it self to
    > be Suite 1.8, mails were there but after restart of the PC have
    > disappeared ncluding settings etc..)

    Please see:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#transferring

    Thunderbird profiles are kept a different default location [1], but the
    transfer method is the same.

    [1] http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from Thundebird to
    > Seamonkey ?
    >
    > (I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey identified it self to
    > be Suite 1.8, mails were there but after restart of the PC have
    > disappeared ncluding settings etc..)

    If you have Seamonkey already set up with its profile, then it is simply
    a case of copying your TB files (Inbox, Sent, etc.) over into the
    Seamonkey profile. If you already have messages in your SM profile,
    change the names of the TB files so that the TB Inbox does not write
    over the SM Inbox, e.g. In TB, find the location of your TB profile by
    looking at your Local Directory location (In Seamonkey and, I think, Moz
    Suite, this would be found at Edit|Mail&Newsgroup Account
    Settings|{profile Name}|Server Setting, but it may be under Tools or
    something in TB.). Find the same for SM.

    Close TB and SM. Open Windows Explorer and un-hide Files & Folders:-

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    go to the TB location, change the file names as appropriate (don't worry
    about the *.msf file, they are only index files and are created as
    required), and then copy them to the appropriate SM location.

    HTH or report back here.

    Daniel

  4. Re: From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from Thundebird to
    > Seamonkey ?
    >
    > (I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey identified it self to
    > be Suite 1.8, mails were there but after restart of the PC have
    > disappeared ncluding settings etc..)

    To All: I have not been able to get Mozbackup to recognize Seamonkey at
    all. Can I force it to or does removing Moz 1.7.12 accomplish that?

  5. Re: From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    _John Boyle_ spoke thusly on 03/03/2006 1:36 PM:
    > To All: I have not been able to get Mozbackup to recognize Seamonkey at
    > all. Can I force it to or does removing Moz 1.7.12 accomplish that?

    SeaMonkey and the Mozilla Suite use the same profile registry, so back
    up your Mozilla profile, and you should be set.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  6. Re: From Thunderbird to Seamonkey ?????

    John Boyle wrote:

    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, is there some way to get mails, settings etc from Thundebird to
    >>Seamonkey ?
    >>
    >>(I have tried the MozBackup utility, the Seamonkey identified it self to
    >>be Suite 1.8, mails were there but after restart of the PC have
    >>disappeared ncluding settings etc..)

    > To All: I have not been able to get Mozbackup to recognize Seamonkey at
    > all. Can I force it to or does removing Moz 1.7.12 accomplish that?

    If I were you I would dump mozbackup and use your zip program.

+ Reply to Thread