Which Windows Multi-Media Player? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Which Windows Multi-Media Player? - Mozilla ; SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media player?...

  1. Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    player?

  2. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    BP wrote:
    > SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    > Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    > player?

    Look up file associations in windows help. (I don't know which OS you
    are using)
    You need to associate WMMP with the file types you want it to be used for.
    It does not come with SM.
    Just wondering why you are using OE to post to an SM ng?

    --
    Adrian
    If at first you don't succeed.....

  3. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    > SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    > Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    > player?

    SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.
    Download this file, and run it:

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    _gwtc_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 3:37 AM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    >> to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.
    >> Download this file, and run it:
    >>

    > Chris, are you sure about that first sentence?

    Ahh geeze, that's the second time I've done that in the past week. >

    Sorry about that. It should say "...does not come with..."
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  5. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    >
    >>SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    >>Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    >>player?

    > SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    > to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.
    > Download this file, and run it:

    Chris, are you sure about that first sentence?

  6. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    >> SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    >> Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    >> player?

    > SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    > to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.

    > Download this file, and run it:

    How does one run it with particular file? it does not appear to be an
    executable file rather a registry edit for those that know how to do
    those type of things. Is that the case?

  7. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    mrbubl wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    >>> SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    >>> Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows
    >>> Multi-Media player?

    >> SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    >> to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.

    >> Download this file, and run it:
    >>

    > How does one run it with particular file? it does not appear to be an
    > executable file rather a registry edit for those that know how to do
    > those type of things. Is that the case?

    If you save it to your desktop and click on it, it will automatically
    add those settings to the registry.

    --
    Jeff Beal

  8. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    mrbubl wrote:

    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >>_BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    >>
    >>>SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    >>>Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows Multi-Media
    >>>player?

    >>SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    >>to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.

    >>Download this file, and run it:
    >>

    > How does one run it with particular file? it does not appear to be an
    > executable file rather a registry edit for those that know how to do
    > those type of things. Is that the case?

    If you saved it to your hard drive, right click on it and select install

  9. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    "Chris Ilias" wrote in message
    | _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    | > SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    | > Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows
    Multi-Media
    | > player?
    |
    | SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are
    referring
    | to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.
    | Download this file, and run it:
    |
    | --
    | Chris Ilias
    | mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    | Mozilla links
    | (Please do not email me tech support questions)

    Chris - I use XP with WMP 10. Does the plugin work with a version of
    wmp that is later then WMP9?

  10. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    "AdrianDownUnder" wrote in message
    | BP wrote:
    | > SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    | > Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows
    Multi-Media
    | > player?
    | >

    | Look up file associations in windows help. (I don't know which OS
    you
    | are using)
    | You need to associate WMMP with the file types you want it to be
    used for.
    | It does not come with SM.
    | Just wondering why you are using OE to post to an SM ng?
    |
    | --
    | Adrian
    | If at first you don't succeed.....
    | sky diving is not for you.

    I use XP. I'll look up the associations when I end this session.

    I hadn't thought of the use of OE on a SM ng. It does look strange.
    Mostly I use it on newsgroups out of habit. OE has been a constant
    since I gave up the Atari 800.

  11. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    BP wrote:

    > "Chris Ilias" wrote in message
    > | _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    > | > SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    > | > Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows
    > Multi-Media
    > | > player?
    > |
    > | SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are
    > referring
    > | to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.
    > | Download this file, and run it:
    > |
    > | --
    > | Chris Ilias
    > | mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > | Mozilla links
    > | (Please do not email me tech support questions)
    >
    > Chris - I use XP with WMP 10. Does the plugin work with a version of
    > wmp that is later then WMP9?

    its not a plugin, its a registry add on. And yes, you can use it for
    ANY version of WMP

  12. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    On 3/3/2006 12:55 AM BP wrote:
    > "Chris Ilias" wrote in message

    Could you please fix your Outlook Express to
    - have only a contribution *LINE* (you dont need the messge id, it is
    in the REFERENCES or IN-REPLY-TO of your posting.

    - Quote in a correct way. | is wrong.

    - snip the signature (after "-- " as separator)

    > | --
    > | Chris Ilias
    > | mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > | Mozilla links
    > | (Please do not email me tech support questions)

    In german there is the oe-faq.de, I dont know if there is something
    similar in english.
    Thanks.

    OJ
    --
    'Are you Death?' ... IT'S THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE
    THE SCYTHE.

  13. Re: Which Windows Multi-Media Player?

    mrbubl wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _BP_ spoke thusly on 01/03/2006 8:47 PM:
    >>> SeaMonkey 1.0 seems to come with an earlier version of Windows
    >>> Multi-Media. Is there a way to default to the new Windows
    >>> Multi-Media player?

    >> SeaMonkey does come with any media players. I assume you are referring
    >> to which version of Windows Media Player plugin it uses.

    >> Download this file, and run it:
    >>

    > How does one run it with particular file? it does not appear to be an
    > executable file rather a registry edit for those that know how to do
    > those type of things. Is that the case?

    Hold Down on the Keyboard SHIFT KEY while u click the above link..and
    then save the file ..
    then Click the saved file and tell it yes to install it

+ Reply to Thread