SeaMonkey images - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey images - Mozilla ; gwtc wrote: > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > > [SNIP] >> You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere on >> the web. What you can find is an email address with which you can >> write ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: SeaMonkey images

  1. Re: SeaMonkey images

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    > [SNIP]
    >> You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere on
    >> the web. What you can find is an email address with which you can
    >> write 'to' him, but most of those are usually answered by the press
    >> staff, not the President himself. On extremely rare occassions, the
    >> President WILL email a reply himself, but again it goes through the
    >> press staff addressing, not his own.

    > [SNIP]
    > if you send it to president@whitehouse.gov you will get a response back,
    > almost immediately.


    But not from the President himself, 99.9% of the time anyway. You get
    someone in the White House staff replying on behalf of the President.

  2. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >>[SNIP]
    >>
    >>>You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere on
    >>>the web. What you can find is an email address with which you can
    >>>write 'to' him, but most of those are usually answered by the press
    >>>staff, not the President himself. On extremely rare occassions, the
    >>>President WILL email a reply himself, but again it goes through the
    >>>press staff addressing, not his own.

    >>
    >>[SNIP]
    >>if you send it to president@whitehouse.gov you will get a response back,
    >>almost immediately.

    >
    >
    > But not from the President himself, 99.9% of the time anyway. You get
    > someone in the White House staff replying on behalf of the President.

    No, not even from his staff. 99.9% of the time all you get is a formed
    message reply:

    "Thank you very much for your message . . . bla bla bla yadda yadda
    yadda . . . "

  3. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > HJ wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> HJ wrote:
    >>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> his NAME was made public, but not his email address... they are not
    >>> the same thing.

    >>
    >> True, but that sure helped me to trace him.
    >>
    >>> My name isnt moz.champion is it, but thats my email address.

    >>
    >> I'm told that you are Dan Gall, but that info can be wrong of course.
    >>
    >>> Unless you are Alexander, you cannot assume he did or did not want
    >>> his email published, from the evidence cited.

    >>
    >> He doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and we e-mailed a couple of
    >> time already.
    >>
    >>>> In that case, never put your resume on the internet, never use
    >>>> forums like this.

    >>
    >> That is because you skipped a few steps. You need to connect things,
    >> like the info he puts on the Internet and his name on the Mozilla website
    >>
    >>> Why? I post here, so whats my name? It isnt moz.champion tho that
    >>> IS a valid email address. My resume isnt on the internet, I dont
    >>> know if Alexanders is or not. Alexander may or may not post here, who
    >>> knows who everyone really is?

    >>
    >> If you or anyone else want to fake his or her name, so be it.
    >>
    >>>> My question, nor my replies, have anything to do with 'sensibilities'.
    >>>
    >>> Really? Its your statement that a person should not post to forums
    >>> such as this if they want to remain anonymous, so tell me. Just what
    >>> is my full name, and where do I live?

    >>
    >> Correct, because that might, and in this case did, take your privacy
    >> away.
    >>
    >>> Your sensibilities are ingrained, they are part of you, and you seem
    >>> to have difficulty in accepting another viewpoint.

    >>
    >> Er, I don't have problems with that, but I do have my own opinion and
    >> a lot of people respect me.
    >>
    >>> fake email address is one thing. my email IS moz.champion@sympatico.ca

    >>
    >> I wasn't addressing *your* e-mail address but e-mail addresses in
    >> general. I do know that your e-mail address works because you've send
    >> me an e-mail, remember?
    >>
    >>> So, whats my name? It ISNT moz.champion
    >>> My real name doesnt appear in any of my various email addresses, tho
    >>> I always use a valid email address where-ever I go (or post). Without
    >>> me telling you (or others) you wouldnt know my name. [It is listed on
    >>> the internet anyway- so you can find it out]
    >>> While that is the complete opposite of the situation with Alexander,
    >>> its quite the same in effect. You know my contact addresses, but not
    >>> my name. In Alexander's case, you know the name but not the contact
    >>> addresses.

    >>
    >> I call BS I do have his name, last name, phone number and even his
    >> address.
    >>
    >>> Whats gwtc's name? What about Squaredancers name? Real Bev's name?
    >>> They post here, and you know their contact address (email) but do you
    >>> know their real name? You only know what they tell you.

    >>
    >> Er, that's what you think, which is not mush as it seems.
    >>
    >> /HJ

    >
    > All your answers dont make any sense.


    Hey, wasn't it you that asked: "I post here, so whats my name?" so why
    didn't you reply properly? I mean, are you Dan Gall or not?

    > You state that you already HAVE Alexanders email and have corresponded
    > with him, so whats your point?


    You seem to have lost track of what I asked, and for your info, I have
    send Alexandr Butin my e-mails on:

    Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:42:23 -0800 (PST)
    Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:20:57 -0800 (PST)
    Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:33:22 -0800 (PST)

    so my first e-mail was send one minute before OJ replied (I just didn't
    mention it out of courtesy).

    > The SeaMonkey Council is not in the habit of giving out email addresses
    > for its contributors, but it WILL forward a message (if appropriate) to
    > the contributor for you.




    > I really dont see the problem you are having with this setup.


    Well, I am not used to ask for permission, I just tell people what to do
    as I am a high ranked/senior officer working for some agency, SeaMonkey
    is just a hobby.

    > You wanted
    > to contact Alexander, and by your reports you have, so, where is the
    > problem?


    I never wrote that I had a problem with contacting Alexandr Butin,
    because I solved that issue even before the first reply was made. Oh,
    and for your info:

    "...Your use sounds like a good idea, so we'll support that and we're
    grating the use of the logo for that purpose, using the images from
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/artwork.html

    I hope those will work well enough for you.

    Thanks for working on that extension,

    Robert Kaiser
    SeaMonkey Council member"

    Yes, I've send the SeaMonkey an e-mail and asked for their permission,
    after I've received images form Alexandr Butin, because I am also a
    reasonable person, and so is Robert and the other members of the
    SeaMonkey Council.

    /HJ

  4. Re: SeaMonkey images

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [SNIP]
    >>>
    >>>> You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere
    >>>> on the web. What you can find is an email address with which you can
    >>>> write 'to' him, but most of those are usually answered by the press
    >>>> staff, not the President himself. On extremely rare occassions, the
    >>>> President WILL email a reply himself, but again it goes through the
    >>>> press staff addressing, not his own.
    >>>
    >>> [SNIP]
    >>> if you send it to president@whitehouse.gov you will get a response
    >>> back, almost immediately.

    >>
    >>
    >> But not from the President himself, 99.9% of the time anyway. You get
    >> someone in the White House staff replying on behalf of the President.

    > No, not even from his staff. 99.9% of the time all you get is a formed
    > message reply:
    >
    > "Thank you very much for your message . . . bla bla bla yadda yadda
    > yadda . . . "


    proves the point I was attempting to make.
    Everyone knows the Presidents name, but you cant email him directly,
    heck you dont even get a 'human' reply!

  5. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:

    >>
    >> All your answers dont make any sense.

    >
    > Hey, wasn't it you that asked: "I post here, so whats my name?" so why
    > didn't you reply properly? I mean, are you Dan Gall or not?


    Your reply was that you were told its Dan Gall, but that information
    could be wrong. So again, whats my name?
    Dan Gall is not in the Guelph Ontario phone directory
    >
    >> You state that you already HAVE Alexanders email and have corresponded
    >> with him, so whats your point?

    >
    > You seem to have lost track of what I asked, and for your info, I have
    > send Alexandr Butin my e-mails on:
    >
    > Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:42:23 -0800 (PST)
    > Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:20:57 -0800 (PST)
    > Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:33:22 -0800 (PST)
    >
    > so my first e-mail was send one minute before OJ replied (I just didn't
    > mention it out of courtesy).
    >
    >> The SeaMonkey Council is not in the habit of giving out email
    >> addresses for its contributors, but it WILL forward a message (if
    >> appropriate) to the contributor for you.

    >
    >
    >
    >> I really dont see the problem you are having with this setup.

    >
    > Well, I am not used to ask for permission, I just tell people what to do
    > as I am a high ranked/senior officer working for some agency, SeaMonkey
    > is just a hobby.


    You are not used to asking for permission? Obviously you have never
    tried to contact the President, or an author of a book, most publishers
    (and the white house) operate the same way.
    If you walk into your bank, you wont usually be provided with the
    private email address of the President, but will be told if you use such
    and such an address, the President will contact you if needed.

    For example, if you want to write to your ISP, you dont get the private
    email address of their workers, you get a generic abuse@your.isp.com or
    somesuch to write to. Perhaps, if your message is important or relevent
    enough, then a tech may reply using his own address.
    >
    >> You wanted to contact Alexander, and by your reports you have, so,
    >> where is the problem?

    >
    > I never wrote that I had a problem with contacting Alexandr Butin,
    > because I solved that issue even before the first reply was made. Oh,
    > and for your info:


    You stated that you didnt appreciate the fact that the SeaMonkey Council
    didnt give you Alexanders email address right off the bat, and thats
    what you are complaining about. So if you didnt have a problem, then
    what ARE you complaining about?

    >
    > "...Your use sounds like a good idea, so we'll support that and we're
    > grating the use of the logo for that purpose, using the images from
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/artwork.html
    >
    > I hope those will work well enough for you.
    >
    > Thanks for working on that extension,
    >
    > Robert Kaiser
    > SeaMonkey Council member"
    >
    > Yes, I've send the SeaMonkey an e-mail and asked for their permission,
    > after I've received images form Alexandr Butin, because I am also a
    > reasonable person, and so is Robert and the other members of the
    > SeaMonkey Council.


    So, you DID ask for permission.
    Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things

    >
    > /HJ


  6. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>gwtc wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>[SNIP]
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere
    >>>>>on the web. What you can find is an email address with which you can
    >>>>>write 'to' him, but most of those are usually answered by the press
    >>>>>staff, not the President himself. On extremely rare occassions, the
    >>>>>President WILL email a reply himself, but again it goes through the
    >>>>>press staff addressing, not his own.
    >>>>
    >>>>[SNIP]
    >>>>if you send it to president@whitehouse.gov you will get a response
    >>>>back, almost immediately.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>But not from the President himself, 99.9% of the time anyway. You get
    >>>someone in the White House staff replying on behalf of the President.

    >>
    >>No, not even from his staff. 99.9% of the time all you get is a formed
    >>message reply:
    >>
    >>"Thank you very much for your message . . . bla bla bla yadda yadda
    >>yadda . . . "

    >
    >
    > proves the point I was attempting to make.
    > Everyone knows the Presidents name, but you cant email him directly,
    > heck you dont even get a 'human' reply!

    If you want to threaten his life or make a bomb scare or something
    like that, then I'm sure you'll get that 'human' reply. Maybe even a
    real live knock at your door. ;-)

  7. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    [SNIP]
    > So, you DID ask for permission.
    > Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    > Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things
    >

    I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there in
    Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D

  8. Re: SeaMonkey images

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    > [SNIP]
    >> So, you DID ask for permission.
    >> Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    >> Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things
    >>

    > I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there in
    > Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D


    Hey man, please don't 'share' that kind of information in the newsgroup!

    /HJ

  9. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >>[SNIP]
    >>
    >>>So, you DID ask for permission.
    >>>Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    >>>Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things
    >>>

    >>
    >>I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there in
    >>Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D

    >
    >
    > Hey man, please don't 'share' that kind of information in the newsgroup!
    >
    > /HJ

    Hey HJ, I just posted what was mentioned in a certain newsgroup about
    a certain extension. I can't remember if it was you, Mike, or someone
    else that posted that info.

  10. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:
    > Who was the designer of the SeaMonkey logo/images?
    > How can I contact this person?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > /HJ


    For Christ's sake, can't Seamonkey just forward HJ's post to the guy?
    What a RIDICULOUS thread.

  11. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Al wrote:
    > HJ wrote:
    >> Who was the designer of the SeaMonkey logo/images?
    >> How can I contact this person?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> /HJ

    >
    > For Christ's sake, can't Seamonkey just forward HJ's post to the guy?
    > What a RIDICULOUS thread.

    Alex Butin
    nick: purporte[X]
    phone: +420 776 776 972
    e-mail:
    web: http://www.purportex.org/
    ICQ: status 81899887
    Jabber: [status] purportex@njs.netlab.cz

    function: artist, designer, webdesigner, flashmaster
    info:
    Macromedia Flash, HTML, XHTML, XML, DHTML, CSS* knowledge

    Experiences with Linux

    Speaks natively Czech and Russian

  12. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Al schrieb:
    > Al wrote:
    >> HJ wrote:
    >>> Who was the designer of the SeaMonkey logo/images?
    >>> How can I contact this person?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> /HJ

    >>
    >> For Christ's sake, can't Seamonkey just forward HJ's post to the guy?
    >> What a RIDICULOUS thread.

    > Alex Butin
    > nick: purporte[X]

    [...]

    If you want SeaMonkey logos, you might break our (not yet public*)
    trademark policy anyways, wherever you get those images from, if it's
    from him or from us or if you paint them yourself.

    Alex assigned _all rights_ to that logo to the Mozilla Foundation, which
    is our legal representative.
    This means that WE (SeaMonkey Council) have to grant you the permission
    to use those images!

    So, please, if you do want to use that logo for any purpose, contact us
    directly and don't waste Alex' precious time, I'm sure he has other,
    more important, stuff to do than caring about who uses our logo - as
    that is our job to do.

    Robert Kaiser
    member of SeaMonkey Council


    *) While the policy is not public, please refer to what
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/artwork.html tells. For any
    other image sizes/formats or uses that are not expliceitely granted
    there, ask seamonkey-council@mozilla.org for permission. Thanks.

  13. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Al wrote:
    > HJ wrote:
    >> Who was the designer of the SeaMonkey logo/images?
    >> How can I contact this person?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> /HJ

    >
    > For Christ's sake, can't Seamonkey just forward HJ's post to the guy?
    > What a RIDICULOUS thread.


    We would have, if he'd asked.

    Chris

  14. Re: SeaMonkey images

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> gwtc wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> [SNIP]
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> You cant find the personal email of President George Bush anywhere
    >>>>>> on the web. What you can find is an email address with which you
    >>>>>> can write 'to' him, but most of those are usually answered by the
    >>>>>> press staff, not the President himself. On extremely rare
    >>>>>> occassions, the President WILL email a reply himself, but again it
    >>>>>> goes through the press staff addressing, not his own.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> [SNIP]
    >>>>> if you send it to president@whitehouse.gov you will get a response
    >>>>> back, almost immediately.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> But not from the President himself, 99.9% of the time anyway. You
    >>>> get someone in the White House staff replying on behalf of the
    >>>> President.
    >>>
    >>> No, not even from his staff. 99.9% of the time all you get is a
    >>> formed message reply:
    >>>
    >>> "Thank you very much for your message . . . bla bla bla yadda yadda
    >>> yadda . . . "

    >>
    >>
    >> proves the point I was attempting to make.
    >> Everyone knows the Presidents name, but you cant email him directly,
    >> heck you dont even get a 'human' reply!

    > If you want to threaten his life or make a bomb scare or something like
    > that, then I'm sure you'll get that 'human' reply. Maybe even a real
    > live knock at your door. ;-)


    Correct. The message is directed to the entity that best reflects the
    content of the message. In the case of a 'threat' to the President for
    example, it wouldnt go to the President, but the FBI (Secret Service
    maybe?) and appropriate actions taken.

  15. Re: SeaMonkey images

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    > [SNIP]
    >> So, you DID ask for permission.
    >> Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    >> Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things
    >>

    > I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there in
    > Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D


    Thats what I meant when I said his messages dont always make sense.

    He stated previously that he wasnt used to asking for permission

  16. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >> [SNIP]
    >>> So, you DID ask for permission.
    >>> Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    >>> Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do things
    >>>

    >> I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there in
    >> Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D

    >
    > Thats what I meant when I said his messages dont always make sense.
    > He stated previously that he wasnt used to asking for permission


    You seem to have the habit of skipping/ignoring previous replies,
    probably because that fits you best.

    /HJ


  17. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [SNIP]
    >>>> So, you DID ask for permission.
    >>>> Yet you say above you are not used to that.
    >>>> Its a fact of life. You DO at times need others permissions to do
    >>>> things
    >>>>
    >>> I don't understand that part. He's was in the military, over there
    >>> in Iraq (I think). He should be used to asking for permission. :-D

    >>
    >> Thats what I meant when I said his messages dont always make sense.
    >> He stated previously that he wasnt used to asking for permission

    >
    > You seem to have the habit of skipping/ignoring previous replies,
    > probably because that fits you best.
    >
    > /HJ
    >


    Dont know where you are coming from on this.

  18. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:
    > I'm making a big deal about it? So who are you? Why did you interfere
    > with something that doesn't concert you, and has been resolved, like I
    > wrote in another post.


    You asked on a public newsgroup. Had you just emailed us (SeaMonkey
    Council) in the first place, nobody would have "interfered".

    >> In a sub thread, you cautioned gwtc about revealing some information
    >> about you (or your past), so publication of such is upsetting or
    >> worrisome to you. Thats fine. The SeaMonkey Council throws email
    >> addresses of contributors into the 'dont' column - whether or not the
    >> contributor feels that way or not, its a measure taken to ensure that
    >> data is not published, unless the specific contributor does it.
    >> Personally, data/facts about my past employment I wouldnt restrict,
    >> but thats just me. Evidently you feel otherwise.

    >
    > I have four children and I like to keep them around for a very long
    > time, but some people on this planet have other options about democracy
    > and such so they take a truck and drive you through a wall (just go hunt
    > for the story) or shoot you in the back, simply for what we do for our
    > country.


    Maybe advertising to everyone that you're an international man of
    mystery with many big important secrets isn't a great way to keep them safe.

    Chris

  19. Re: SeaMonkey images

    Chris Thomas wrote:



    > Maybe advertising to everyone that you're an international man of
    > mystery with many big important secrets isn't a great way to keep them
    > safe.


    That's crap, and you know it!

    /HJ

  20. Re: SeaMonkey images

    HJ wrote:
    > Chris Thomas wrote:



    Okay Guys I really think it's time to end this thread before things go
    any further.
    This is a great news group. Lets keep it that way, ay.

    --
    Adrian
    If absolute power corrupts absolutely,
    where does that leave God?
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2