Opening attachments in assoc. app. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Opening attachments in assoc. app. - Mozilla ; Hello, there. I've moved to Seamonkey (Windows) a few days ago. Want to open the attachment in their associated application but Seamonkey open images and PDF inside a browser window... I don't want this. How can I change it? Thanks, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Opening attachments in assoc. app.

  1. Opening attachments in assoc. app.

    Hello, there.

    I've moved to Seamonkey (Windows) a few days ago.
    Want to open the attachment in their associated application but
    Seamonkey open images and PDF inside a browser window...

    I don't want this.
    How can I change it?

    Thanks,
    --
    Gabriel Menini

    ||| replace domain spamhole.com with sg-guarani.org |||

    IT Support
    Guarani Aquifer System Project

  2. Re: Opening attachments in assoc. app.

    Gabriel Menini wrote:
    > Hello, there.
    >
    > I've moved to Seamonkey (Windows) a few days ago.
    > Want to open the attachment in their associated application but
    > Seamonkey open images and PDF inside a browser window...
    >
    > I don't want this.
    > How can I change it?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Hello Gabriel,

    For PDF files open Adobe Reader 7.0 from your Start/Program Files menu
    and set the Preferences/Internet to open the document within the Adobe
    application. Remove the check mark for "Open in Browser".

    For images open SeaMonkey and then navigate to
    Edit/Preferences/Advanced/System and remove all the check marks for all
    the image file types.

    Michael


    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...
    http://www.armadilloweb.com

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite
    Get your free copy here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

  3. Re: Opening attachments in assoc. app.

    On 24/02/2006 17:15, Michael Gordon wrote:
    > Gabriel Menini wrote:
    >
    >
    > For images open SeaMonkey and then navigate to
    > Edit/Preferences/Advanced/System and remove all the check marks for all
    > the image file types.


    Thanks, Michael.
    I don't have any check marks for the file types.

    >
    > Michael
    >
    >



    --
    Gabriel Menini

    ||| replace domain spamhole.com with sg-guarani.org |||

    IT Support
    Guarani Aquifer System Project

  4. Re: Opening attachments in assoc. app.

    Gabriel Menini wrote:
    > On 24/02/2006 17:15, Michael Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Gabriel Menini wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> For images open SeaMonkey and then navigate to
    >> Edit/Preferences/Advanced/System and remove all the check marks for all
    >> the image file types.
    >>

    >
    > Thanks, Michael.
    > I don't have any check marks for the file types.
    >
    >
    >> Michael
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >

    Hello Gabriel,

    The image attachments you are seeing, are they appearing in the message
    body? If they are then they have been sent as "inline", and not as an
    "attached file". You should see the image file name in a small box near
    the top right side of the messenger window named "Attachments", right
    clicking the file will allow you to "Save File As:" and then open the
    file with your preferred application.

    As far as a simple click to open an image file with your default image
    editor I can't find any method.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...
    http://www.armadilloweb.com

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite
    Get your free copy here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

  5. Re: Opening attachments in assoc. app.

    On 02/25/2006 05:39 PM Michael Gordon wrote:

    > The image attachments you are seeing, are they appearing in the message
    > body? If they are then they have been sent as "inline", and not as an
    > "attached file". You should see the image file name in a small box near


    Or he has "View=>View Attachment inline" checked. I hope thi is its
    name as I have a german SM.

    OJ
    --
    Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didnt
    leave something behind that can be traced back to you.

+ Reply to Thread