How do I get rid of... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I get rid of... - Mozilla ; Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a lot of the screen. Here is a pic ...

  1. How do I get rid of...

    Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.

    Thanks in advance for any help given.

  2. Re: How do I get rid of...

    On this day, 2/12/2006 8:13 AM, the esteemed Gloamgeist gave forth this
    bit of wisdom:
    > Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    > to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    > lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
    >

    > Thanks in advance for any help given.

    Hello,

    I uninstalled Mozilla from my wife's computer after I had successfully
    used Seamonkey for some time. I then installed Seamonkey on her
    computer. When I first started Seamonkey, I found a similar band with
    text at the bottom. I allowed that some of her Mozilla extensions may
    not be compatible with Seamonkey. I uninstalled her extensions and when
    I rebooted the text was gone! I then found and reinstalled the
    appropriate theme and extensions. All is well now.
    Don't know if this is your solution, but you could give it a try.

    Steve

  3. Re: How do I get rid of...

    Gloamgeist wrote:
    > Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    > to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    > lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
    >

    > Thanks in advance for any help given.

    Looks like you tried to install http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/ and
    it somehow failed to register itself correctly. Try reinstalling the
    extension. Sometimes it also helps to switch themes once or twice. If
    reinstallion doesn't solve the problem, delete the chrome folder in your
    profile directory.

    --
    Holger

  4. Re: How do I get rid of...

    Steve wrote:

    > On this day, 2/12/2006 8:13 AM, the esteemed Gloamgeist gave forth this
    > bit of wisdom:
    >
    >> Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I
    >> need to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is
    >> taking up a lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am
    >> talking about.
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance for any help given.

    > Hello,
    >
    > I uninstalled Mozilla from my wife's computer after I had successfully
    > used Seamonkey for some time. I then installed Seamonkey on her
    > computer. When I first started Seamonkey, I found a similar band with
    > text at the bottom. I allowed that some of her Mozilla extensions may
    > not be compatible with Seamonkey. I uninstalled her extensions and when
    > I rebooted the text was gone! I then found and reinstalled the
    > appropriate theme and extensions. All is well now.
    > Don't know if this is your solution, but you could give it a try.
    >
    > Steve

    I'll give that a try. Thanks

  5. Re: How do I get rid of...

    Holger Metzger wrote:

    > Gloamgeist wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    >>to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    >>lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance for any help given.

    > Looks like you tried to install http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/ and
    > it somehow failed to register itself correctly. Try reinstalling the
    > extension. Sometimes it also helps to switch themes once or twice. If
    > reinstallion doesn't solve the problem, delete the chrome folder in your
    > profile directory.

    Ok thanks.

  6. Re: How do I get rid of...

    Holger Metzger wrote:
    > Gloamgeist wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    >>to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    >>lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance for any help given.

    > Looks like you tried to install http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/ and
    > it somehow failed to register itself correctly. Try reinstalling the
    > extension. Sometimes it also helps to switch themes once or twice. If
    > reinstallion doesn't solve the problem, delete the chrome folder in your
    > profile directory.

    That was exactly the problem! Thank you very much for the help.

  7. Re: How do I get rid of...

    Gloamgeist wrote:
    > Holger Metzger wrote:
    >> Gloamgeist wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok, before I can even think of moving from Mozilla to SeaMonkey I need
    >>> to know how to get rid of the red text at the bottom that is taking up a
    >>> lot of the screen. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks in advance for any help given.

    >> Looks like you tried to install http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/ and
    >> it somehow failed to register itself correctly. Try reinstalling the
    >> extension. Sometimes it also helps to switch themes once or twice. If
    >> reinstallion doesn't solve the problem, delete the chrome folder in your
    >> profile directory.
    >>

    > That was exactly the problem! Thank you very much for the help.

    Glad I could help.

    --
    Holger

+ Reply to Thread