Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively - Mozilla ; To All: I managed to install Seamonkey and still keep my mozilla 1.7.12 intact. At least, so far. The install did NOT ask for me to create a profile but does when I open Seamonkey, as if I want to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

  1. Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    To All: I managed to install Seamonkey and still keep my mozilla 1.7.12
    intact. At least, so far. The install did NOT ask for me to create a
    profile but does when I open Seamonkey, as if I want to make it my
    default browser or email. So far, I have typed in NO, but it looks like
    I could just uninstall Mozilla and the other would work as if nothing
    had happened. I can even use Dragon Naturally Speaking in Seamonkey!
    Now, I have to decide what I want to do, since my mozilla is working
    just fine.

  2. Re: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    John Boyle wrote:
    > To All: I managed to install Seamonkey and still keep my mozilla 1.7.12
    > intact. At least, so far. The install did NOT ask for me to create a
    > profile but does when I open Seamonkey, as if I want to make it my
    > default browser or email. So far, I have typed in NO, but it looks like
    > I could just uninstall Mozilla and the other would work as if nothing
    > had happened. I can even use Dragon Naturally Speaking in Seamonkey!
    > Now, I have to decide what I want to do, since my mozilla is working
    > just fine.


    Just don't share the same profile between the two. You can either keep
    using the old profile in SM, which i would recommend, and create a new
    profile for Mozilla, or the reverse.

    You can also clone the old profile so both start out with the same data.
    They will start to diverge as soon as you use the two.

    SeaMonkey is the wave of the future, i suggest you go with it.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    On 02/08/2006 03:49 AM Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Just don't share the same profile between the two. You can either keep


    Although some people do that, and have no problems, it is not
    recommended to share the profile.

    > SeaMonkey is the wave of the future, i suggest you go with it.


    ACK.

    OJ
    --
    Elisabeth's safe, just as I promised. And she's going to marry
    Norrington, just as she promised, and you are going to die for her,
    just as you promised. So we're all men of our word really, except
    Elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman. (Pirates of the Caribbean)

  4. Re: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    Johannes Kastl wrote:
    > On 02/08/2006 03:49 AM Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Just don't share the same profile between the two. You can either keep

    >
    >
    > Although some people do that, and have no problems, it is not
    > recommended to share the profile.
    >
    >
    >>SeaMonkey is the wave of the future, i suggest you go with it.

    >
    >
    > ACK.
    >
    > OJ

    Its just like some have been using the same profile for Netscape 7.x
    and Moz 1.7.x.

    --
    Time for a change

  5. Re: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > John Boyle wrote:
    >> To All: I managed to install Seamonkey and still keep my mozilla
    >> 1.7.12 intact. At least, so far. The install did NOT ask for me to
    >> create a profile but does when I open Seamonkey, as if I want to make
    >> it my default browser or email. So far, I have typed in NO, but it
    >> looks like I could just uninstall Mozilla and the other would work as
    >> if nothing had happened. I can even use Dragon Naturally Speaking in
    >> Seamonkey! Now, I have to decide what I want to do, since my mozilla
    >> is working just fine.

    >
    > Just don't share the same profile between the two. You can either keep
    > using the old profile in SM, which i would recommend, and create a new
    > profile for Mozilla, or the reverse.
    >
    > You can also clone the old profile so both start out with the same data.
    > They will start to diverge as soon as you use the two.
    >
    > SeaMonkey is the wave of the future, i suggest you go with it.
    >
    > Lee
    >

    To Lee: Have decided to go with Seamonkey, for now. How do I make sure
    there are two different profiles, one for mozilla and one for Seamonkey?
    Seems that, right now, they are both working off the same one.

  6. Re: Running Mozilla and Seamonkey together/alternatively

    John Boyle wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> John Boyle wrote:
    >>> To All: I managed to install Seamonkey and still keep my mozilla
    >>> 1.7.12 intact. At least, so far. The install did NOT ask for me to
    >>> create a profile but does when I open Seamonkey, as if I want to make
    >>> it my default browser or email. So far, I have typed in NO, but it
    >>> looks like I could just uninstall Mozilla and the other would work as
    >>> if nothing had happened. I can even use Dragon Naturally Speaking in
    >>> Seamonkey! Now, I have to decide what I want to do, since my mozilla
    >>> is working just fine.

    >>
    >> Just don't share the same profile between the two. You can either keep
    >> using the old profile in SM, which i would recommend, and create a new
    >> profile for Mozilla, or the reverse.
    >>
    >> You can also clone the old profile so both start out with the same
    >> data. They will start to diverge as soon as you use the two.
    >>
    >> SeaMonkey is the wave of the future, i suggest you go with it.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > To Lee: Have decided to go with Seamonkey, for now. How do I make sure
    > there are two different profiles, one for mozilla and one for Seamonkey?
    > Seems that, right now, they are both working off the same one.


    Open the Profile Manager for either one. Click Manage Profiles, then
    Create new Profile. If you are creating a new profile specifically for
    Mozilla, you could name it Mozilla, or anything you like. The just be
    sure to open each app in its proper profile. You can add the command
    line argument of -p Mozilla to the target line of your shortcut, say to
    open Mozilla in its profile without having to go through Profile Manager.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread