Junk Mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Junk Mail - Mozilla ; I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously tagged ...

  1. Junk Mail

    I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk
    Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and
    putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously
    tagged as Junk are not being flagged and moved to Junk folder. Also, I
    have noticed that the training.dat file date/time stamp does not get
    updated during a time while SM is open no matter how many messgaes I
    flag as Junk, however, after I completely close SM the date/time stamp
    does get updated. Anyone else noticing such? I hate the thought of
    having to delete the training file and start the process over. Chris

  2. Re: Junk Mail

    Chris Garriss wrote:
    > I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk
    > Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and
    > putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously
    > tagged as Junk are not being flagged and moved to Junk folder. Also, I
    > have noticed that the training.dat file date/time stamp does not get
    > updated during a time while SM is open no matter how many messgaes I
    > flag as Junk, however, after I completely close SM the date/time stamp
    > does get updated. Anyone else noticing such? I hate the thought of
    > having to delete the training file and start the process over. Chris

    Are you using the same profile as you used with Moz?

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Junk Mail

    On 07.02.2006 12:33 Leonidas Jones spoke thusly:

    > Chris Garriss wrote:
    >> I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk
    >> Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and
    >> putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously
    >> tagged as Junk are not being flagged and moved to Junk folder. Also, I
    >> have noticed that the training.dat file date/time stamp does not get
    >> updated during a time while SM is open no matter how many messgaes I
    >> flag as Junk, however, after I completely close SM the date/time stamp
    >> does get updated. Anyone else noticing such? I hate the thought of
    >> having to delete the training file and start the process over. Chris

    > Are you using the same profile as you used with Moz?
    >
    > Lee

    Yes - and no I don;t share the profile. Since installing SM only SM has
    been used with this profile.

  4. Re: Junk Mail

    Chris Garriss wrote:
    > On 07.02.2006 12:33 Leonidas Jones spoke thusly:
    >
    >> Chris Garriss wrote:
    >>> I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk
    >>> Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and
    >>> putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously
    >>> tagged as Junk are not being flagged and moved to Junk folder. Also, I
    >>> have noticed that the training.dat file date/time stamp does not get
    >>> updated during a time while SM is open no matter how many messgaes I
    >>> flag as Junk, however, after I completely close SM the date/time stamp
    >>> does get updated. Anyone else noticing such? I hate the thought of
    >>> having to delete the training file and start the process over. Chris

    >> Are you using the same profile as you used with Moz?
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Yes - and no I don;t share the profile. Since installing SM only SM has
    > been used with this profile.

    So its the same training.dat then. I have no idea why it would behave
    differently in SM.

    I'm not the best source for this as very little spam actually hits my
    inbox. Maybe someone else will have more valuable input.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: Junk Mail

    Chris Garriss wrote:
    > I've noticed that since converting from Moz 1.7.12 to SM 1.0 that Junk
    > Mail does not work as "efficiently". With Moz, it was catching 95+% and
    > putting it in the Junk folder. With SM, even senders I had previously
    > tagged as Junk are not being flagged and moved to Junk folder. Also, I
    > have noticed that the training.dat file date/time stamp does not get
    > updated during a time while SM is open no matter how many messgaes I
    > flag as Junk, however, after I completely close SM the date/time stamp
    > does get updated. Anyone else noticing such? I hate the thought of
    > having to delete the training file and start the process over. Chris

    I saw a little more spam, but not such a great amount that I am upset. I
    get a ton every day, so this is only a fart in a windstorm. What I *did*
    notice right away was that a lot of my mail was marked as phishing or
    some such, an I find I'm clicking a lot on the [/not evil/] button.

    It's a learning process, 1.0 is never bug free.

    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
    "Strange it is that SCO was a direct beneficiary of the effort by IBM
    -groklaw, Jan 24, 2005

+ Reply to Thread