SeaMonkey not well publicised? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey not well publicised? - Mozilla ; Gerry Hickman wrote: > Hi Christopher, > >> First you're claiming they aren't supporting it enough, and now you're >> demanding they don't support it at all! > > > I'm saying it's hopeless if it's half and half. > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 47 of 47

  1. Re: SeaMonkey will never have a link on the Mozilla.org home page

    Gerry Hickman wrote:

    > Hi Christopher,
    >
    >> First you're claiming they aren't supporting it enough, and now you're
    >> demanding they don't support it at all!

    > I'm saying it's hopeless if it's half and half.
    >
    >> There is no "going head to head"; Seamonkey appeals to a different
    >> user than FireFox/Thunderbird. Your statements are similar to
    >> demanding that Ford force their SUVs to compete with the Mustang.
    >> It's stupid; people who want an SUV will buy one, and those who want a
    >> sportscar will drive a Mustang.

    > Perhaps, but I don't think it's a good analogy because Ford would want
    > to promote ALL their models by making sure they were linked from their
    > home page. They are not saying let's "hide" all the sports cars in a
    > subdirectory and hope no one finds them.
    >
    >> And guess what? They were right; FF/TB have advanced far more quickly
    >> than the suite ever did.
    >>
    >> Now a group is working on the Suite using the advances made in FF/TB.
    >> WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

    > I don't have a problem with any of this. It's great that we have FF/TB
    > and SeaMonkey and these newsgroups to discuss them, but I do have a
    > problem if SeaMonkey is not going to be heavily promoted (or more
    > specifically not going to be listed at all).
    >
    > My interest is big corporate roll-outs from 2007-2012; I'm not convinced
    > FF/TB are very good, but I can see a future for SeaMonkey. I want to be
    > able to say "Here's SeaMonkey" and here's how you can maintain it on
    > thousands of desktops for the next five years. I can't do that right now
    > while it's stuck in a hidden folder - no one will take it seriously...

    Here's an idea: after 1.0 is released, get it reviewed by CNet.com or
    PCMag, . And with its release, make
    sure those pubs get a good press release as well, especially with a bit
    of history behind it to show the link between SM and Mozilla Application
    Suite.

  2. Re: SeaMonkey not well publicised?

    "Justin Wood (Callek)" wrote in news:d56dnf-
    uEJwQxknenZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@mozilla.org:

    > I hope that clears away any doubt as to who gave you your answer.

    No. An answer would be an answer.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    You can't be late until you show up.

  3. Re: SeaMonkey not well publicised?

    Johannes Kastl wrote in

    >> page, which sort of means you're either an idiot or a liar.

    > ^^^^^ ^^^^
    > Please, could you stop calling people something?
    > Thats no good style.

    The facts are the facts. And they speak for themselves.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    You can't be late until you show up.

  4. Re: SeaMonkey not well publicised?

    On 01/23/2006 05:44 AM Christopher Jahn wrote:

    > The facts are the facts. And they speak for themselves.

    Yes. And why do you have to call people idiots or morons then? The
    rest of your postings is quite filled with facts, so it should work
    without that. Right?

    OJ
    --
    Ask a stupid question, and be a fool for 5 minutes.
    Don't ask, and be a fool for the rest of your life.

  5. http://www.seamonkey-project.org

    The problem is, that for example Calendar is listed on the PRODUCT page.
    Camino too. That are both independent projects...

    And the informations about SeaMonkey on the project page are not newer
    than 2002...
    Since august 2005 Mozilla.org haven't done a tinderbox for the 1.8 &
    1.8.0 branch for us...
    Some people at MoFo do all to let the SeaMonkey project die...

    I think we should do the same as Camino has done: go under an own domain
    http://www.caminobrowser.org

    The homepage of SeaMonkey should be:
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org
    If Mozilla.org don't want to link to us from "other products", we should
    have our pages under an own domain.

    We must go an own way. And publicize against Firefox and/or Thunderbird
    shouldn't be a taboo - we are an independent project, we think our suite
    is better than Fx & Tb, so we can say this in the media.

    That are my 5 cents to the discussion.

    Adrianer

  6. Re: http://www.seamonkey-project.org

    http://www.spreadseamonkey.com/
    http://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Home_Page

    --
    Time for a change

  7. Re: http://www.seamonkey-project.org

    Adrian (Adrianer) Kalla wrote:
    > The problem is, that for example Calendar is listed on the PRODUCT page.
    > Camino too. That are both independent projects...
    >
    > And the informations about SeaMonkey on the project page are not newer
    > than 2002...
    > Since august 2005 Mozilla.org haven't done a tinderbox for the 1.8 &
    > 1.8.0 branch for us...
    > Some people at MoFo do all to let the SeaMonkey project die...
    >
    > I think we should do the same as Camino has done: go under an own domain
    > http://www.caminobrowser.org
    >
    > The homepage of SeaMonkey should be:
    > http://www.seamonkey-project.org
    > If Mozilla.org don't want to link to us from "other products", we should
    > have our pages under an own domain.
    >
    > We must go an own way. And publicize against Firefox and/or Thunderbird
    > shouldn't be a taboo - we are an independent project, we think our suite
    > is better than Fx & Tb, so we can say this in the media.

    Why would you? Mozilla has been ouyt there for years, and people who
    want all-in-one used it. I haven't decided if seamonkey has the features
    to make it a full replacement for tbird or not, that's why I'm test
    driving it in place of Mozilla.

    Either you want one or the other, they don't seem to directly compete
    for usrers, since most of the choice is on feel and packaging. Only a
    few of us care if we can do RSS, and how we do it.

    --
    Doesn't appear to have picked up my sig now, does it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3