Google sidebar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Google sidebar - Mozilla ; Broadback wrote: > With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed, I > know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is > there any way I can stop it from opening in ...

  1. Re: Google sidebar

    Broadback wrote:
    > With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed, I
    > know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is
    > there any way I can stop it from opening in the first place please? I
    > suspect it may be a function of Google rather than SeaMonkey, but am not
    > sure.

    I'm sure I have seen a preference setting that would allow you to turn
    off the Google Bar, but the only listing I can see
    (Edit|Preferences|Navigator|Internet Search) is only supposed to open
    the Google Bar when the search is complete.

    Maybe there is something more apt in the prefs.js file, but I'm not too
    sure on that.

    Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be by soon.

    Daniel

  2. Google sidebar

    With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed, I
    know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is
    there any way I can stop it from opening in the first place please? I
    suspect it may be a function of Google rather than SeaMonkey, but am not
    sure.

  3. Re: Google sidebar

    Broadback wrote:
    > With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed, I
    > know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is
    > there any way I can stop it from opening in the first place please? I
    > suspect it may be a function of Google rather than SeaMonkey, but am not
    > sure.

    Edit>>Preferences>>Navigator>>Internet Search

    Uncheck the box for Open the Search tab.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  4. Re: Google sidebar

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Broadback wrote:
    >> With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed,
    >> I know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is
    >> there any way I can stop it from opening in the first place please? I
    >> suspect it may be a function of Google rather than SeaMonkey, but am
    >> not sure.

    > Edit>>Preferences>>Navigator>>Internet Search
    >
    > Uncheck the box for Open the Search tab.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee, that fixed it, easy when you know how!

  5. Re: Google sidebar

    Broadback wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Broadback wrote:
    >>> With SeaMonkey on opening Google there is always a sidebar displayed,
    >>> I know I can then remove it, but find it unnecessary with tabbing. Is
    >>> there any way I can stop it from opening in the first place please?
    >>> I suspect it may be a function of Google rather than SeaMonkey, but
    >>> am not sure.

    >> Edit>>Preferences>>Navigator>>Internet Search
    >>
    >> Uncheck the box for Open the Search tab.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Thanks Lee, that fixed it, easy when you know how!

    I'm very glad its working for you!

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion