Dual Email accounts: Password error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Dual Email accounts: Password error - Mozilla ; Current version won't properly send email of second email account on open of email program. Did not respond to stat command, is the error message. Version 011308 and has done the same thing in the last several iterations. Moz 1.7.12 ...

  1. Dual Email accounts: Password error

    Current version won't properly send email of second email account on
    open of email program. Did not respond to stat command, is the error
    message. Version 011308 and has done the same thing in the last several
    iterations.

    Moz 1.7.12 works OK, no error.

  2. Re: Dual Email accounts: Password error

    mrbubl schrieb:
    > Current version won't properly send email of second email account on
    > open of email program. Did not respond to stat command, is the error
    > message. Version 011308 and has done the same thing in the last several
    > iterations.

    What "current version" are you talking of?
    We have 3 "current" codebases, and builds for different operation
    systems, sometimes even installer vs. zip/tarball makes a difference.

    Robert Kaiser

  3. Re: Dual Email accounts: Password error

    Robert Kaiser wrote:
    > mrbubl schrieb:
    >> Current version won't properly send email of second email account on
    >> open of email program. Did not respond to stat command, is the error
    >> message. Version 011308 and has done the same thing in the last
    >> several iterations.

    > What "current version" are you talking of?
    > We have 3 "current" codebases, and builds for different operation
    > systems, sometimes even installer vs. zip/tarball makes a difference.
    >
    > Robert Kaiser

    windows xp build 2006011609
    SeaMonkey 1.5a

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060116
    SeaMonkey/1.5a

  4. Re: Dual Email accounts: Password error

    mrbubl wrote:
    > Robert Kaiser wrote:
    >> mrbubl schrieb:
    >>> Current version won't properly send email of second email account on
    >>> open of email program. Did not respond to stat command, is the error
    >>> message. Version 011308 and has done the same thing in the last
    >>> several iterations.

    >> What "current version" are you talking of?
    >> We have 3 "current" codebases, and builds for different operation
    >> systems, sometimes even installer vs. zip/tarball makes a difference.
    >>
    >> Robert Kaiser

    > windows xp build 2006011609
    > SeaMonkey 1.5a
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060116
    > SeaMonkey/1.5a

    I only have a couple of suggestions that you could think about or try.

    So your saying your first account works alright but not your second?

    And it did work in some earlier SM version?

    Has it ever worked in your current version?

    What changes have you made since?

    It may have something to do with your outgoing mail server settings.

    Do you have more than one outgoing mail server?

    You could try setting your second account up not to send/receive on
    startup. Then try synchronizing it separately.
    At least then you could begin to isolate the problem.

    Just a few thoughts, anyway good luck with it m8.

    --
    -Adrian
    "A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt:

  5. Re: Dual Email accounts: Password error

    On 01/17/2006 06:01 PM Adrian wrote:

    > Just a few thoughts, anyway good luck with it m8.

    How about the smtp? Set up correctly for the second one?

    OJ
    --
    One's never alone with a rubber duck.
    (Douglas Adams)