Auto Popdown on button in xmDialogShellWidgetClass - Motif

This is a discussion on Auto Popdown on button in xmDialogShellWidgetClass - Motif ; I've constructed a custom dialog using the xmDialogShellWidgetClass managed by the bulletin board. It's pretty straightforward - I have an 'Apply' button and a 'Close' button. All I want the 'Apply' button to do is make the changes but NOT ...

  1. Auto Popdown on button in xmDialogShellWidgetClass

    I've constructed a custom dialog using the xmDialogShellWidgetClass
    managed by the bulletin board. It's pretty straightforward - I have
    an 'Apply' button and a 'Close' button. All I want the 'Apply' button
    to do is make the changes but NOT popdown the dialog. All I have the
    button hooked to is a simple function that says this = that and the
    'Close' button is a simple XtUnmanageChild(dialog).

    Any ideas would be great.
    Thanks,
    Bender

  2. Re: Auto Popdown on button in xmDialogShellWidgetClass

    jnbbender@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've constructed a custom dialog using the xmDialogShellWidgetClass
    > managed by the bulletin board. It's pretty straightforward - I have
    > an 'Apply' button and a 'Close' button. All I want the 'Apply' button
    > to do is make the changes but NOT popdown the dialog. All I have the
    > button hooked to is a simple function that says this = that and the
    > 'Close' button is a simple XtUnmanageChild(dialog).

    Try setting XmNautoUnmanage of XmBulletinBoard to false.

    Best regards,

    Dušan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si

  3. Re: Auto Popdown on button in xmDialogShellWidgetClass

    On Oct 3, 4:08 pm, arahne wrote:
    > jnbben...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I've constructed a custom dialog using the xmDialogShellWidgetClass
    > > managed by the bulletin board. It's pretty straightforward - I have
    > > an 'Apply' button and a 'Close' button. All I want the 'Apply' button
    > > to do is make the changes but NOT popdown the dialog. All I have the
    > > button hooked to is a simple function that says this = that and the
    > > 'Close' button is a simple XtUnmanageChild(dialog).

    > Try setting XmNautoUnmanage of XmBulletinBoard to false.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Dušan Peterchttp://www.arahne.si

    That was it!

    Thanks for the fix.