    When my application when becomes unobscured from another window, how
    does Motif refresh my application window?

  2. Re: Application Windows save under

    On 2007-08-31, jnbbender@gmail.com wrote:

    > When my application when becomes unobscured from another window, how
    > does Motif refresh my application window?

    It redraws the previously obscured widgets.

    --
    John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
    nuclear@siggraph.org

  3. Re: Application Windows save under

    "John Tsiombikas" wrote in message
    news:slrnfdh22b.6fb.nuclear@nuclear.dnsalias.com.. .
    > On 2007-08-31, jnbbender@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> When my application when becomes unobscured from another window, how
    >> does Motif refresh my application window?
    >>

    > It redraws the previously obscured widgets.

    More precicely, the X server sends expose events to the window of every
    affected widget.
    Each widget has a Redraw method that is responsible for redrawing at least
    the portion
    of its window that was newly exposed (it may redraw the entire widget) if
    that is deemed
    easier).
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt