PromptDialog with ComboBox - Motif

This is a discussion on PromptDialog with ComboBox - Motif ; I have a user request to supplement the PromptDialogs of some application so that, instead of a simple text field, they have a ComboBox of type XmCOMBO_BOX. Just like all standard web browsers have. The CommandDialog does not look like ...

  1. PromptDialog with ComboBox

    I have a user request to supplement the PromptDialogs of some
    application so that, instead of a simple text field, they have a
    ComboBox of type XmCOMBO_BOX. Just like all standard web browsers
    have.

    The CommandDialog does not look like what I need.

    There is of course the slow-and-dirty way: build from scratch
    something that looks, acts and quacks like a PromptWithMenuDialog.

    But maybe there is a known existing class?

    Or even a hack or trick to change a widget in a SelectionBox by
    another widget?

    TIA

  2. Re: PromptDialog with ComboBox

    "Michel Bardiaux" wrote in message
    >I have a user request to supplement the PromptDialogs of some
    > application so that, instead of a simple text field, they have a
    > ComboBox of type XmCOMBO_BOX. Just like all standard web browsers
    > have.
    >
    > The CommandDialog does not look like what I need.
    >
    > There is of course the slow-and-dirty way: build from scratch
    > something that looks, acts and quacks like a PromptWithMenuDialog.
    >
    > But maybe there is a known existing class?
    >
    > Or even a hack or trick to change a widget in a SelectionBox by
    > another widget?

    Create an XmMessageDialog with an XmComboBox child.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: PromptDialog with ComboBox

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:13:09 GMT, "Fred Kleinschmidt"
    wrote:

    >"Michel Bardiaux" wrote in message
    >>I have a user request to supplement the PromptDialogs of some
    >> application so that, instead of a simple text field, they have a
    >> ComboBox of type XmCOMBO_BOX. Just like all standard web browsers
    >> have.
    >>
    >> The CommandDialog does not look like what I need.
    >>
    >> There is of course the slow-and-dirty way: build from scratch
    >> something that looks, acts and quacks like a PromptWithMenuDialog.
    >>
    >> But maybe there is a known existing class?
    >>
    >> Or even a hack or trick to change a widget in a SelectionBox by
    >> another widget?
    >>

    >Create an XmMessageDialog with an XmComboBox child.

    Of course. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread