Newbie: Getting XmList Values - Motif

This is a discussion on Newbie: Getting XmList Values - Motif ; I'm sure this is a simple question. I have been having problems getting all the strings in the XmList. I don't care about what's selected, when it's selected, etc. At some point in my code I just want to get ...

  1. Newbie: Getting XmList Values

    I'm sure this is a simple question.
    I have been having problems getting all the strings in the XmList. I
    don't care about what's selected, when it's selected, etc. At some
    point in my code I just want to get the strings.
    I've tried the straightforward XmVaGetValues, etc.

    Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Bender

  2. Re: Newbie: Getting XmList Values

    wrote in message
    news:1186147867.880929.60670@i13g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > I'm sure this is a simple question.
    > I have been having problems getting all the strings in the XmList. I
    > don't care about what's selected, when it's selected, etc. At some
    > point in my code I just want to get the strings.
    > I've tried the straightforward XmVaGetValues, etc.

    XmString *itemArray;
    int itemCount;

    XtVaGetValues( widget, XmNitems, &itemArray,
    XmNitemCount, &itemCount, NULL );

    This call returns the actual list items - not a copy -
    so do NOT attempt to free the array or any of its members.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

+ Reply to Thread