dropdown-menu widget? - Motif

This is a discussion on dropdown-menu widget? - Motif ; Hello, I'm rather new to motif, and I'm trying to find a widget that I could swear I've seen a lot of times in motif programs Isn't there a dropdown-menu button widget, like the combo-box of GTK in motif? Note ...

  1. dropdown-menu widget?

    Hello,
    I'm rather new to motif, and I'm trying to find a widget that I could
    swear I've seen a lot of times in motif programs

    Isn't there a dropdown-menu button widget, like the combo-box of GTK in
    motif? Note that I'm not referring to the Motif-2.1 "combination box"
    (or the equivalent GtkComboBoxEntry) that also contains an editable text
    widget, but something like a special pushbutton that drops-down a menu
    from which to choose a "selected item".
    Am I making any sense?

    Anyhow I've searched the lesstif headers and couldn't find something
    like that, maybe I missed it, maybe lesstif doesn't support it, or maybe
    I just dreamt about it in the first place. In any case I thought I
    should ask first before going about inventing my own widgets

    --
    John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
    nuclear@siggraph.org

  2. Re: dropdown-menu widget?

    "John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)" wrote in
    message news:slrnfa1rmt.aqe.nuclear@nuclear.dnsalias.com.. .
    > Hello,
    > I'm rather new to motif, and I'm trying to find a widget that I could
    > swear I've seen a lot of times in motif programs
    >
    > Isn't there a dropdown-menu button widget, like the combo-box of GTK in
    > motif? Note that I'm not referring to the Motif-2.1 "combination box"
    > (or the equivalent GtkComboBoxEntry) that also contains an editable text
    > widget, but something like a special pushbutton that drops-down a menu
    > from which to choose a "selected item".
    > Am I making any sense?
    >
    > Anyhow I've searched the lesstif headers and couldn't find something
    > like that, maybe I missed it, maybe lesstif doesn't support it, or maybe
    > I just dreamt about it in the first place. In any case I thought I
    > should ask first before going about inventing my own widgets

    I think you are referring to the XmOptionMenu.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: dropdown-menu widget?

    On 2007-07-20, Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:

    > I think you are referring to the XmOptionMenu.

    Indeed that's what I was looking for, thank you.

    --
    John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
    nuclear@siggraph.org
    http://nuclear.demoscene.gr/