XtUnmanageChild - intermittent crashes - Motif

This is a discussion on XtUnmanageChild - intermittent crashes - Motif ; I am using an interface for multiple situations which calls for either Managing or Unmanaging certain widgets. I am having problems with some generic the generic 'Widget' which is what I manage and unmanage. I am using XtManageChild & XtUnmanageChild. ...

  1. XtUnmanageChild - intermittent crashes

    I am using an interface for multiple situations which calls for either
    Managing or Unmanaging certain widgets. I am having problems with
    some generic the generic 'Widget' which is what I manage and
    unmanage. I am using XtManageChild & XtUnmanageChild.

    Some times this works but most often it crashes. Sometimes saying
    "Warning: Null child found in argument list to unmanage".

    This is only reported sometimes and I know these widgets are not NULL.

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks in advance
    Bender

  2. Re: XtUnmanageChild - intermittent crashes

    On Jun 28, 10:46 am, jnbben...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am using an interface for multiple situations which calls for either
    > Managing or Unmanaging certain widgets. I am having problems with
    > some generic the generic 'Widget' which is what I manage and
    > unmanage. I am using XtManageChild & XtUnmanageChild.

    I assume you've tried:

    if (widget != NULL) {
    XtUnmanageChild(widget);
    } else {
    fprintf(stderr, "Oops! Widget to unmanage is NULL...\n");
    }

    > Some times this works but most often it crashes. Sometimes saying
    > "Warning: Null child found in argument list to unmanage".

    It's hard to diagnose the problem without a sample of your offending
    code.

    > ...I know these widgets are not NULL.

    I've heard THAT one before!

+ Reply to Thread