Motif call to get the X server display address - Motif

This is a discussion on Motif call to get the X server display address - Motif ; Hello experts, Is there a motif call to get the address of the X display currently being used by the motif app ? I am spawning a java GUI application from inside the motif application. Everything works fine if $DISPLAY ...

  1. Motif call to get the X server display address

    Hello experts,

    Is there a motif call to get the address of the X display currently
    being used by the motif app ?

    I am spawning a java GUI application from inside the motif
    application. Everything works fine if $DISPLAY is set. But when target
    Xserver is specified using '-display ' option, the spawned java GUI
    wont get the X display address and thus fails to start. So i need to
    pass the DISPLAY in environ[] while exec'ing the java GUI.

    Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Pavan

  2. Re: Motif call to get the X server display address

    pavan.alampalli@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello experts,
    >
    > Is there a motif call to get the address of the X display currently
    > being used by the motif app ?
    >
    > I am spawning a java GUI application from inside the motif
    > application. Everything works fine if $DISPLAY is set. But when target
    > Xserver is specified using '-display ' option, the spawned java GUI
    > wont get the X display address and thus fails to start. So i need to
    > pass the DISPLAY in environ[] while exec'ing the java GUI.

    Try XDisplayString(display)
    This is an Xlib macro.
    Still not an expert.

    Dušan Peterc