Re: Changing Arrow on CascadeButton - Motif

This is a discussion on Re: Changing Arrow on CascadeButton - Motif ; "Aaron Hsu" wrote in message news p.ts8llig2m4y54h@illuminus.local... >I want to change the color of the arrow on the XmCascadeButtons in NEdit. >I'm trying to make them a bit more Mac like by making them a solid dull >gray without any ...

  1. Re: Changing Arrow on CascadeButton

    "Aaron Hsu" wrote in message
    newsp.ts8llig2m4y54h@illuminus.local...
    >I want to change the color of the arrow on the XmCascadeButtons in NEdit.
    >I'm trying to make them a bit more Mac like by making them a solid dull
    >gray without any shadow. However, I'm not sure how to do this right now.
    >Is there a way to set the color of the arrow without changing the whole
    >background of the button?

    Not an easy thing to do. You need to set the XmNcascadePixmap resource
    for all CascadeButtons in nedit (via a resource file).

    You will then have to create the appropriate pixmap, store it in a file,
    specify that file name as the resource value, and be sure you set
    environment variable BITMAPDIR to point to the directory where
    the file is stored.

    I have only done this with single-plane pixmaps (bitmap), so don't know
    whether it will work for multi-color pixmaps.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  2. Re: Changing Arrow on CascadeButton

    On Jun 1, 1:50 pm, "Fred Kleinschmidt"
    wrote:

    > I have only done this with single-plane pixmaps (bitmap), so don't know
    > whether it will work for multi-color pixmaps.

    I just gave it a try and indeed it does work with multi-color pixmaps.

    To set the resource only on Nedit's menubar cascade buttons (for
    example in ~/.Xdefaults):

    nedit*menuBar: filename.xpm

  3. Re: Changing Arrow on CascadeButton

    On Jun 4, 1:00 pm, cso...@isd.net wrote:

    > To set the resource only on Nedit's menubar cascade buttons (for
    > example in ~/.Xdefaults):
    >
    > nedit*menuBar: filename.xpm

    Oops! That should be

    nedit*menuBar*cascadePixmap: filename.xpm

    Also, it's a good idea to run 'xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults' before
    launching nedit...

+ Reply to Thread