TextField managed is hiding - Motif

This is a discussion on TextField managed is hiding - Motif ; I've created a spreadsheet with a pixmap. When i want modify a cell in my spreadsheet, i select a cell, and i pressed on a key (Like Excell), and a textfield widget appear (Normally). Before, this works on HP with ...

  1. TextField managed is hiding

    I've created a spreadsheet with a pixmap. When i want modify a cell in
    my spreadsheet, i select a cell, and i pressed on a key (Like Excell),
    and a textfield widget appear (Normally).

    Before, this works on HP with Motif 6, but we used now LINUX under
    VMWare with Gentoo with OpenMotif.

    Now the textfield is hiding, why ? The pixmap and the the textfield
    are the same parent, and the textfield is created before the pixmap.

    Is it possible to set a priority of display ?

    Thx.

    Steve.

  2. Re: TextField managed is hiding

    wrote in message
    news:1176283930.671112.53500@l77g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > I've created a spreadsheet with a pixmap. When i want modify a cell in
    > my spreadsheet, i select a cell, and i pressed on a key (Like Excell),
    > and a textfield widget appear (Normally).
    >
    > Before, this works on HP with Motif 6, but we used now LINUX under
    > VMWare with Gentoo with OpenMotif.

    Motif 6? What's that?
    HP uses Motif 2.1

    > Now the textfield is hiding, why ? The pixmap and the the textfield
    > are the same parent, and the textfield is created before the pixmap.

    I do not understand this. A Pixmap does not have a parent - it is
    displayed in a widget, but is not a widget itself.

    > Is it possible to set a priority of display ?

    See XRaiseWindow() ?
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: TextField managed is hiding

    You're right... It's Motif 2.1

    I've a pixmap who used in a widget, and this widget has the same
    parent as the textfield.

    Fred Kleinschmidt a écrit :
    > wrote in message
    > news:1176283930.671112.53500@l77g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > > I've created a spreadsheet with a pixmap. When i want modify a cell in
    > > my spreadsheet, i select a cell, and i pressed on a key (Like Excell),
    > > and a textfield widget appear (Normally).
    > >
    > > Before, this works on HP with Motif 6, but we used now LINUX under
    > > VMWare with Gentoo with OpenMotif.

    > Motif 6? What's that?
    > HP uses Motif 2.1
    >

    > > Now the textfield is hiding, why ? The pixmap and the the textfield
    > > are the same parent, and the textfield is created before the pixmap.

    > I do not understand this. A Pixmap does not have a parent - it is
    > displayed in a widget, but is not a widget itself.
    >

    > > Is it possible to set a priority of display ?
    > >

    > See XRaiseWindow() ?
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Aero Stability and Controls Computing

  4. Re: TextField managed is hiding

    steve.roulet@b-holding.be wrote:
    > You're right... It's Motif 2.1
    >
    > I've a pixmap who used in a widget, and this widget has the same
    > parent as the textfield.

    You should try compiling in support for editres. You can use editres to
    graphically query the widget tree and set and get resources for any
    individual widget.

    add:

    #include

    to your source code and -lXmu to your linker line.

    If you've never used editres before have a look at Ken Lee's tutorial:

    http://www.rahul.net/kenton/editres.html

+ Reply to Thread