Hello,

My application sometimes uses different language and encoding
from the desktop. So program texts within the program are correct,
but they display wrong characters on window titles.
I tried to convert the window title text from iso-8859-x to UTF-8,
but it does not help, it still displays only iso-8859-1
Programs written in more modern toolkits do not display this problem.
Are the new extended window manager hints the way to go?
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-...ec-latest.html
_NET_WM_NAME, maybe?
What should one include for this to work?

Has somebody solved this problem successfully?
I am using KDE and OpenMotif 2.2.3

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Dušan Peterc
http://www.arahne.si