road map of Open Motif 2.3 ? - Motif

This is a discussion on road map of Open Motif 2.3 ? - Motif ; Hi, now we use Open Motif 2.3 Beta and is it very important for us to know when will get the Released Version of Open Motif 2.3. Does anybody has information about the road map of Open Motif 2.3? Best ...

  1. road map of Open Motif 2.3 ?

    Hi,
    now we use Open Motif 2.3 Beta and is it very important for us to know
    when will get the Released Version of Open Motif 2.3.
    Does anybody has information about the road map of Open Motif 2.3?

    Best regards Laszlo

  2. Re: road map of Open Motif 2.3 ?

    Laszlo Barabas wrote:
    > Hi,
    > now we use Open Motif 2.3 Beta and is it very important for us to know
    > when will get the Released Version of Open Motif 2.3.
    > Does anybody has information about the road map of Open Motif 2.3?

    I really do do not know, and I see that you have already asked
    at the right place.
    http://www.openmotif.org/

    There is some activity in the CVS
    http://cvs.motifzone.net/cgi-bin/cvs...y=date#dirlist
    which includes more than bug fixes. Some new widgets have been added:
    XmPanned, XmPorthole, XmStretch and XmToolbar
    I think that ICS is open sourcing some more of their
    widgets from EPak.
    http://www.ics.com/products/motif/ep...pak/index.html

    I also found one company that is using OM 2.3 in a
    commercial product called ARCAD
    http://www.lx-office.com/LX/products...cad/index.html
    and is using some of the 2.3 benefits:
    - UTF-8 for text
    - color icon & text in menus
    - they made a Mac OSX port
    .... but no antialiased text in user interface so far
    There is a demo version of their program on SUSE 10.1 and 10.2,
    but they somehow managed to make it difficult to run due
    to mysql dependencies.

    Not what you asked for, but all I know.

    Dušan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si