how to open a small pulldown menu from item on bigger pulldown menu - Motif

This is a discussion on how to open a small pulldown menu from item on bigger pulldown menu - Motif ; Hi. I am novice in Motif. I have a menubar with pulldown menues(1). Scroll down, select one item and I need another small pulldown menu from this item, on right side of this item, like in Word app. What functions ...

  1. how to open a small pulldown menu from item on bigger pulldown menu

    Hi.
    I am novice in Motif.
    I have a menubar with pulldown menues(1).
    Scroll down, select one item and I need another
    small pulldown menu from this item, on right side of this item,
    like in Word app.
    What functions must I use, same as in (1)?
    Valeri
    ambal007@netzero.net

  2. Re: how to open a small pulldown menu from item on bigger pulldown menu

    "Valeri" wrote in message
    news:1165948246.154904.269540@j44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi.
    > I am novice in Motif.
    > I have a menubar with pulldown menues(1).
    > Scroll down, select one item and I need another
    > small pulldown menu from this item, on right side of this item,
    > like in Word app.
    > What functions must I use, same as in (1)?
    > Valeri
    > ambal007@netzero.net

    Create a pulldown and a CascadeButton as children of
    the first menu (parent):

    Widget submenu = XmCreatePulldownMenu( parent, .....);
    Widget cascade = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( name,
    xmCascadeButtonGadgetClass,
    parent,
    XmNsubMenuId, submenu,
    ..., NULL);

    Then add buttons to submenu.
    Be sure to #include the appropriate include files.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow