how to cut part of bitmap from bigger bitmap in Motif app - Motif

This is a discussion on how to cut part of bitmap from bigger bitmap in Motif app - Motif ; Hi, there. I have graphical application on Motif. Some picture is on window made by XCopyArea(). I want to cut of square part of this picture and put it back later at same spot. What function in Motif can do ...

  1. how to cut part of bitmap from bigger bitmap in Motif app

    Hi, there.
    I have graphical application on Motif.
    Some picture is on window made by XCopyArea().
    I want to cut of square part of this picture
    and put it back later at same spot.
    What function in Motif can do it?
    (XGetSubImage? how to convert
    Image to Bitmap or reverse?)
    Valeri
    ambal007@netzero,net

  2. Re: how to cut part of bitmap from bigger bitmap in Motif app

    "Valeri" wrote in message
    news:1165550821.278676.101320@16g2000cwy.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi, there.
    > I have graphical application on Motif.
    > Some picture is on window made by XCopyArea().
    > I want to cut of square part of this picture
    > and put it back later at same spot.
    > What function in Motif can do it?
    > (XGetSubImage? how to convert
    > Image to Bitmap or reverse?)
    > Valeri
    > ambal007@netzero,net

    Just create a new pixmap with XCreatePixmap(), and
    use XCopyArea again to copy the portion you want to it.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

+ Reply to Thread