Full screen for JFrame - MVM - Motif

This is a discussion on Full screen for JFrame - MVM - Motif ; Hi, I have a linux machine which uses MVM as its window manager. Some settings have been made that it shows undecorated windows. I have a JFrame (swing frame) which I need to display full screen. JFrame has some method ...

  1. Full screen for JFrame - MVM

    Hi,

    I have a linux machine which uses MVM as its window manager.

    Some settings have been made that it shows undecorated windows.

    I have a JFrame (swing frame) which I need to display full screen.

    JFrame has some method like

    JFrame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);

    it also has JFrame.setLocation(x, y) method to position the frame.

    But neither seem to work in our setup.

    Can anyone tell me what preferences/settings do i need to modify to
    allow full screen and setlocation?

    Thanks in advance

    Regards,
    On Ali

  2. Re: Full screen for JFrame - MVM

    just to add on to that... the method
    isFrameStateSupported(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH) returns false

    On Ali wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a linux machine which uses MVM as its window manager.
    >
    > Some settings have been made that it shows undecorated windows.
    >
    > I have a JFrame (swing frame) which I need to display full screen.
    >
    > JFrame has some method like
    >
    > JFrame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);
    >
    > it also has JFrame.setLocation(x, y) method to position the frame.
    >
    > But neither seem to work in our setup.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what preferences/settings do i need to modify to
    > allow full screen and setlocation?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Regards,
    > On Ali

  3. Re: Full screen for JFrame - MVM

    "On Ali" wrote in message
    news:1164720133.802792.181920@14g2000cws.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a linux machine which uses MVM as its window manager.
    >
    > Some settings have been made that it shows undecorated windows.
    >
    > I have a JFrame (swing frame) which I need to display full screen.
    >
    > JFrame has some method like
    >
    > JFrame.setExtendedState(JFrame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);
    >
    > it also has JFrame.setLocation(x, y) method to position the frame.
    >
    > But neither seem to work in our setup.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what preferences/settings do i need to modify to
    > allow full screen and setlocation?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Regards,
    > On Ali

    Wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup concerns itself with questions
    regarding the Motif toolkit used in Uix X-Windows systems.
    You should try comp.lang.java.gui
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow