Linux, Motif how to remove picture shaking when moving dialog (refreshed every event) - Motif

This is a discussion on Linux, Motif how to remove picture shaking when moving dialog (refreshed every event) - Motif ; Hi. I have graphical application on Linux, Motif, Xlib. I load 1 file from dialog and its graphic appears. I want load 2nd file but I don't and only drag open dialog by mouse, and that previous graphics is blinking, ...

  1. Linux, Motif how to remove picture shaking when moving dialog (refreshed every event)

    Hi.
    I have graphical application on Linux, Motif, Xlib.
    I load 1 file from dialog and its graphic appears.
    I want load 2nd file but I don't and only drag open dialog by mouse,
    and that previous graphics is blinking,
    either refreshing every event or redraws itself.
    How to remove that many times redrawing
    and make only 1 redraw after any event (including dialog dragging)?
    Valeri
    ambal007@netzero.net

  2. Re: Linux, Motif how to remove picture shaking when moving dialog (refreshed every event)

    On 26 Nov 2006 14:42:23 -0800, "Valeri" wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I have graphical application on Linux, Motif, Xlib.
    >I load 1 file from dialog and its graphic appears.
    >I want load 2nd file but I don't and only drag open dialog by mouse,
    >and that previous graphics is blinking,
    >either refreshing every event or redraws itself.
    >How to remove that many times redrawing
    >and make only 1 redraw after any event (including dialog dragging)?

    Hard to say without knowing at least the widget class you use for
    drawing. Activating back-buffer and save-under on the X-server might
    help.

    Greetings,

  3. Re: Linux, Motif how to remove picture shaking when moving dialog(refreshed every event)

    Valeri wrote:
    > I have graphical application on Linux, Motif, Xlib.
    > I load 1 file from dialog and its graphic appears.
    > I want load 2nd file but I don't and only drag open dialog by mouse,
    > and that previous graphics is blinking,
    > either refreshing every event or redraws itself.
    > How to remove that many times redrawing
    > and make only 1 redraw after any event (including dialog dragging)?

    If you are using KDE, you can disable display of window contents.
    http://www.arahne.si/setup2.html
    This is the easy part, since it does not require programming.
    Anyway, the round windows on modern window managers are a real
    performance killer, since they send hundreds of 1x1 expose events
    to your application on dragging of dialog windows.
    You must carefully examine the expose event and display only
    the new area, not full screen every time. This is really hard,
    especially if you use scrollbars and your display area is
    bigger than 32000x32000.
    As to the blinking, try not to clear window contents before
    drawing, just redraw it, and clear only the area to which you
    do not draw.

    Hope this helps,

    DuĊĦan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si