Motif programming help - Motif

This is a discussion on Motif programming help - Motif ; Hello group, I am porting an old Motif application and could compile it with lesstiff but when i run it it gives the following error: X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) Major opcode of failed request: 78 ...

  1. Motif programming help

    Hello group,

    I am porting an old Motif application and could compile it with lesstiff
    but when i run it it gives the following error:

    X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
    Serial number of failed request: 1191

    Any idea how to fix this?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Motif programming help

    "Zhou Li" wrote in message
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I am porting an old Motif application and could compile it with lesstiff
    > but when i run it it gives the following error:
    >
    > X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    > Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
    > Serial number of failed request: 1191
    > Current serial number in output stream: 1199
    >
    > Any idea how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The most likely problems are:
    1) you are trying to create a colormap somewhere (with XCreateColormap),
    you are specifying AllocAll for the last parameter in the call, and yopur
    new platform only supports StaticColor, StaticGray, and/or TrueColor. Try
    changing to AllocNone.

    2) The visual (3rd parameter) you are specifying is not supported by your
    screen.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Motif programming help

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:

    > The most likely problems are:
    > 1) you are trying to create a colormap somewhere (with XCreateColormap),
    > you are specifying AllocAll for the last parameter in the call, and yopur
    > new platform only supports StaticColor, StaticGray, and/or TrueColor. Try
    > changing to AllocNone.
    >
    > 2) The visual (3rd parameter) you are specifying is not supported by your
    > screen.

    Thank you very much!

+ Reply to Thread