openmotif 2.3 /UTF-8 Fonts/ insensitive GUI element NOT displayed - Motif

This is a discussion on openmotif 2.3 /UTF-8 Fonts/ insensitive GUI element NOT displayed - Motif ; Hi, We want to use UTF-8 Fonts with openmotif 2.3 (Beta) and we have the following problem: If one GUI element is insensitive, then the GUI Element is not displayed!!! ( It is not displayed at all!!) If we use ...

  1. openmotif 2.3 /UTF-8 Fonts/ insensitive GUI element NOT displayed

    Hi,
    We want to use UTF-8 Fonts with openmotif 2.3 (Beta) and we have the
    following problem:

    If one GUI element is insensitive, then the GUI Element is not
    displayed!!! ( It is not displayed at all!!)

    If we use no UTF-8 Fonts then the GUI element is still insensitive but
    it is in "grayed" style displayed, what is actually the normal behavior
    from one insensitive GUI element.

    See the attached code example and the resource file.

    The code example is
    --------snip-- resource.c-------------------
    #include
    #include
    #include

    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    Widget toplevel, button;
    Arg al[10];
    int ac;
    toplevel=XtInitialize(argv[0],"Sample",NULL,0,&argc,argv);
    ac=0;
    button=XtCreateManagedWidget("button",xmPushButtonWidgetClass,
    toplevel,al,ac);

    int s=0;
    XtSetSensitive(button, s);
    XtRealizeWidget(toplevel);
    XtMainLoop();
    return 0;
    }

    -----------snap---------------------------------

    The resource file for the UTF-8 fonts should be activated with the
    following command:

    (in bash Shell) export XENVIRONMENT=/resource.test

    ----------snip----resource.test-----------
    Sample.height: 300
    Sample.width: 300
    Sample*.button.labelString: "blah blah blah"

    Sample*.renderTable: renditionB
    Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontName: AR PL KaitiM GB
    Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontType: FONT_IS_XFT
    Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontStyle: Bold
    Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontSize: 16

    Xft.antialias: 1

    -----------snap--------------------------------

    If you comment out the following lines from the resource file (no UTF-8
    fonts)

    ----------snip----resource.test-----------
    Sample.height: 300
    Sample.width: 300
    Sample*.button.labelString: "blah blah blah"

    !Sample*.renderTable: renditionB
    !Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontName: AR PL KaitiM GB
    !Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontType: FONT_IS_XFT
    !Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontStyle: Bold
    !Sample*.renderTable.renditionB.fontSize: 16

    !Xft.antialias: 1

    -----------snap--------------------------------

    then the GUI element is displayed in "grayed" style.

    Best regards Laszlo

  2. Re: openmotif 2.3 /UTF-8 Fonts/ insensitive GUI element NOT displayed

    "Laszlo Barabas" wrote in message
    news:1161009840.219198.229410@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    > We want to use UTF-8 Fonts with openmotif 2.3 (Beta) and we have the
    > following problem:
    >
    > If one GUI element is insensitive, then the GUI Element is not
    > displayed!!! ( It is not displayed at all!!)
    >
    > If we use no UTF-8 Fonts then the GUI element is still insensitive but
    > it is in "grayed" style displayed, what is actually the normal behavior
    > from one insensitive GUI element.
    >

    > See the attached code example and the resource file.
    >
    > The code example is
    > --------snip-- resource.c-------------------
    > #include

    The above is unnecessary, since including any Xm include file will
    automatically include the needed X11 includes

    > #include
    > #include
    >
    > int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    > {
    > Widget toplevel, button;
    > Arg al[10];
    > int ac;
    > toplevel=XtInitialize(argv[0],"Sample",NULL,0,&argc,argv);

    XtInitialize is obsolete. Use XtAppInitialize instead.

    > ac=0;
    > button=XtCreateManagedWidget("button",xmPushButtonWidgetClass,
    > toplevel,al,ac);
    >

    > int s=0;
    > XtSetSensitive(button, s);
    > XtRealizeWidget(toplevel);
    > XtMainLoop();

    XtMainLoop is obsolete.
    Use XtAppMainLoop instead.

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: openmotif 2.3 /UTF-8 Fonts/ insensitive GUI element NOT displayed

    Hi,

    thanks for the hints. I made the proposed changes, but the problem is
    still their and reproducibly.

    Do you have any ideas?

    Thanks for the eventuelly help
    Best regards Laszlo