Double Click Area - Motif

This is a discussion on Double Click Area - Motif ; I know that there is a system time limit between two single clicks to be considered as a double click. That time can be taken using the XtGetMultiClickTime function. I wonder if there is a minimum area that the mouse ...

  1. Double Click Area

    I know that there is a system time limit between two single clicks to
    be considered as a double click. That time can be taken using the
    XtGetMultiClickTime function.

    I wonder if there is a minimum area that the mouse can move between the
    two clicks. In Win32 if the mouse moves more than
    [GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXDOUBLECLK), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYDOUBLECLK)]
    within the double click time the double click is considered as a
    sequence of two single clicks. In other words if someone manages to
    move the mouse fast enough between the two clicks then it can get two
    single clicks instead of a double one.

    Does anyone know if there is a similar thing in Motif/Intrinsic? If
    there is how can I get its bounds?

  2. Re: Double Click Area

    DVik wrote:
    > I know that there is a system time limit between two single clicks to
    > be considered as a double click. That time can be taken using the
    > XtGetMultiClickTime function.
    >
    > I wonder if there is a minimum area that the mouse can move between the
    > two clicks. In Win32 if the mouse moves more than
    > [GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXDOUBLECLK), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYDOUBLECLK)]
    > within the double click time the double click is considered as a
    > sequence of two single clicks. In other words if someone manages to
    > move the mouse fast enough between the two clicks then it can get two
    > single clicks instead of a double one.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a similar thing in Motif/Intrinsic? If
    > there is how can I get its bounds?

    I know that both clicks have to be over the same widget. No restrictions
    other than known to me. I guess you could get 2 single clicks by moving
    quickly to another widget, but I don't know if X11 would process the 2nd
    if it came in before the callback for the 1st completed.

    --
    God's Blessings and love

    Deacon Gary Meerschaert <'}}}}><

    Madison Heights, MI
    Archdiocese of Detroit

    Don't give up on your dreams.
    Wait a bit and they'll give up on you
    and you can start again without all of that guilt.

    Gary.meerschaert@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread