enter frame event - Motif

This is a discussion on enter frame event - Motif ; How can I get an Enter Frame event generated (not enter window event) when i move cursor over the top frame bar that generates a frame menu ( not the menu bar) on a motif window. Thanks....

  1. enter frame event

    How can I get an Enter Frame event generated (not enter window event)
    when i move cursor over the top frame bar that generates a frame menu (
    not the menu bar) on a motif window.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: enter frame event

    imdognuts@yahoo.com wrote:
    > How can I get an Enter Frame event generated (not enter window event)
    > when i move cursor over the top frame bar that generates a frame menu (
    > not the menu bar) on a motif window.
    > Thanks.

    I have no idea what a "frame bar" or a "frame menu" is. There's no such
    concept in Motif, I'm guessing it's something specific to the
    application you're working with. Anyway, all Motif widgets (but not
    gadgets) have their own window, so you should be able to get Enter
    events if you register an event handler.

    --
    Per Espen Hagen

  3. Re: enter frame event

    Per Espen Hagen wrote:
    > imdognuts@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> How can I get an Enter Frame event generated (not enter window event)
    >> when i move cursor over the top frame bar that generates a frame menu (
    >> not the menu bar) on a motif window.
    >> Thanks.

    > I have no idea what a "frame bar" or a "frame menu" is. There's no such
    > concept in Motif, I'm guessing it's something specific to the
    > application you're working with. Anyway, all Motif widgets (but not
    > gadgets) have their own window, so you should be able to get Enter
    > events if you register an event handler.

    I suspect the OP means the WM frame. Then it's a matter of finding the
    appropriate WM_something protocol, but I dont think there *is* one. So
    he's probably POL (Programmer Out of Luck :-) )

    Cheers,
    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director