pane in the ... - Motif

This is a discussion on pane in the ... - Motif ; Oh, dopy me! In the fine print of the manual it says: XmNpaneMaximum XmCPaneMaximum Dimension 1000 CSG so there is a default of 1000 pixels of maximum size for a pane. Who would have thunk it. Sorry to bother people....

  1. pane in the ...

    Oh, dopy me! In the fine print of the manual it says:

    XmNpaneMaximum XmCPaneMaximum Dimension 1000 CSG

    so there is a default of 1000 pixels of maximum size for a pane. Who would have
    thunk it.

    Sorry to bother people.

  2. Re: pane in the ...

    Peter A. Buhr wrote:

    > so there is a default of 1000 pixels of maximum size for a pane. Who would have
    > thunk it.

    It's a pretty stupid default; I've run into it more than once. Which is
    why I have a global X resource to goose that up the max possible.

    My guess is that default was chosen in the days of small displays with
    800x600 resolutions.

  3. Re: pane in the ...

    Peter A. Buhr wrote:
    > Oh, dopy me! In the fine print of the manual it says:
    >
    > XmNpaneMaximum XmCPaneMaximum Dimension 1000 CSG
    >
    > so there is a default of 1000 pixels of maximum size for a pane. Who would have
    > thunk it.

    Yep, it's silly but true.

    The other constraint resource you may want to look into is skipAdjust:

    XmNskipAdjust
    When set to True, this Boolean resource allows
    an application to specify that the PanedWindow
    should not automatically resize this pane.

    which should make it quite easy to achieve the result you want.

    --
    Per Espen Hagen

+ Reply to Thread